Friday, March 2, 2018

My Most Embarrassing Moments



We all have moments that I'm sure we're not proud of. It could be times where you're in front of a ton of people and your face turns into a bright red tomato because you are so embarrassed. Maybe it's a moment where you're all alone and face palmed because you've done something so incredibly stupid that you're so embarrassed that it happened. Well I'm going to share a few of my embarrassing things that I will probably regret later on.

When I was probably 9 or 10 years old, I was at my softball game, I needed to use the restroom, but I just couldn't hold it. Unfortunately that meant I had only one option and that was to use that wonderful thing called a Porta potty. If you have any common sense at all you know that if you are a girl you should never completely sit down. You must squat. So, I did what I had to do, only I wasn't quite tall enough to reach and aim accurately which led to going potty all down the back of my leg. Did I tell anyone? Of course not! I cleaned of my leg and blamed the little bit I got on my shorts on "sitting in some water".

In high school, I believe it was freshman or sophomore year, I had "B" lunch. Which was the middle lunch hour and the best one. It also meant it had the most people in it. Most of my friends were in that lunch with me. We were having hot dogs that day. Apparently If I don't take small bites or chew my food throughly, it gets stuck. I was about two bites into my hot dog and realized it wasn't going anywhere. I tried taking a drink and it just fell right back out of my mouth. My best friend saw what was happening and started smacking my back to get out this hot dog. I jumped out of my seat and at this point everyone was staring. A few smacks later and it finally came out. I thought I was going to die, but it turned out I just lost my lunch, and I'm pretty sure everyone else did too!

*Do not try this at home.

I want to say I was about twelve for this next time. My home was on a main road and across the street was a long road that led to a country club. After dinner a lot of times we would take walks or bike rides down this road and there was some gravel on the sides of the road. Well, we were coming to the end of the road to head back home and I picked up a tiny rock and for some reason stuck it in my nose. Why? I don't know. I was twelve and wanted to see if it would fit.  (At least I wasn't eating tide pods.) My initial thought was to stick my finger up there and get it out. Turns out that wasn't the best idea because it only made it worse. After some panicking and a lot of blowing from the other side of my nose, I finally got it loose. This was not one of my better moments.

Recently we were in the middle of a very long week/weekend. It was in the evening and I had to write my blog, so I went to use the laptop and it was almost dead. We live in an older home so we have some three prong and some two prong outlets. I started looking all over our house for an adapter to plug in the laptop and was getting really irritated because I couldn't find one. I was tempted to go back to our office at church and get one that we had left, and my husband says, "why don't you just plug the chord into that outlet?" As he's pointing to it. HUGE, face palm! I spent a solid ten minutes looking for that adapter.

Last, but certainly not least, just the other day we were loading up the kids in our van and the back hatch was open. I'm not sure why because we didn't even put anything back there. Anyway, Matt loaded up his stuff and got the kids in. Matt got in the driver's seat and I heard the beeping that the back hatch was closing. It obviously didn't register in my mind what was happening. I closed the side door the kids had just gotten in and started walking around the back of the van to get to the passenger side. Just as I rounded the back of the van the hatch of the van came right down on top of my head. I thought I had gone far enough that I would miss it. Again, I was wrong.

I know we all have some embarrassing moments. What are some of yours?

3 comments:

  1. I have a lot, but instead of sharing, I think I’ll just laugh at yours instead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I've had the hatch hit me on the head too. Lol! But mine would be the time last week when I backed over a log and ripped a tiny piece off of our van. After my hubby hammered the side back in place, and the door stopped creaking, you almost can't tell I did anything.... Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or how last night I'm laying in bed and suddenly thought "why didn't anyone post today? Who's day was it?" so I looked at the blog and realized kylee was next. So, I searched the blog and both Facebooks to See if I was horrible and missed it somehow... Nothing. Then I felt terrible that it was kylee's day and I hadn't noticed that she didn't blog. I was having a "I'm a horrible sister in law" moment. And it was 1a.m. So I couldn't exactly text mom or kylee . Then zack reminded me... Honey, it's Thursday... Don't you guys post on Fridays? 🤦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete