Friday, November 9, 2018

Thinking on Thankfulness


So, with Thanksgiving coming up, I've been thinking about all that God has done for me recently.


  • I'm thankful for a house with a yard. That's not always common here.
  • I'm thankful for how God worked out us getting this house. He made it clear without a shadow of a doubt what He had for us. There are normally a lot of steps involved that our landlord passed (which never happens) based on the testimony of another missionary.
  • I'm thankful for that other missionary and their family, not only for their testimony and for how they've been such a blessing to our family.
  • I'm thankful for my babies and their happy spirit



  • I'm thankful for how when we needed a dog, we were given one for free. Which also never happens.
  • I'm thankful for friends here in Brazil to help our family adjust.
  • I'm thankful for text messaging and vídeo calling because then family doesn't seem quite so far away.
Like this new sweetie that I can't wait to get my hands on and smuggle!! 

What are you thankful for this holiday season? 

9 comments:

  1. I’m thankful for the calling and for all my sweet grand babies. And my children. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for great friends and godly role models .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for all of the blessings you've been given! Though I will admit, this made me a little sad and miss you all so much more. Can't wait until you visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you too! And if you're ever feeling like a missions trip, I know a good place to go. 😉

      Delete
  4. Wait! You got a dog and didn't tell me!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not like one of those cuddle "I love my doggy" dogs... He's one of those "guard my house and don't bite me" dogs.

      Delete
  5. Looks like Remi is Stylin'! I have a son like that. Let me think......!! 🤔😉 Love ya' all and planning on that missions trip one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thankful for my wonderful husband and my 3 terrific sons and my 3 amazing daughter in laws and absolutely over the moon for my 4 grandbabies!! which leads me to be thankful for Verizon Wireless and apps to video call all of the above!!

    ReplyDelete