Friday, April 28, 2017

Are you from Tennessee?

Most of you have heard the pick up line, “Are you from Tennessee, because you’re the only ten I see.” Back when Matt and I first started talking, Nick (Matt’s brother) who was 10 at the time thought his big brother could use a little help with the ladies. So, he helped him out by giving him some pick up lines.

A few of them went a little something like this.

  •  Do you have a bandaid? I scraped my knee when I fell for you. 

  • If I could rearrange the alphabet I would put “U” and “I” together.
  • Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?
  • Do you have a map? Because I got lost in your eyes.

I mean those are pretty good for a 10 year old, right? I was impressed when I heard them. Although, I’m sure some of you are wondering: did Matt actually take Nick’s advice? Well, I can’t tell you just yet.

Here are a few more.

  • If you were a chicken, you’d be impeccable.
  • Did your license get taken away for driving all these guys crazy?

Here are a couple that are going around our church:

  • I didn't know angels flew this low.
  • I put the stud in Bible study.

  • Is it hot in here or is that the Holy Spirit burning inside of you?

And then there’s the one my husband made up:

“Do you have a Bible to go with that modesty?” umm… yeah… at least he didn’t try that on me. Although, he didn’t have a chance. Nick used all the good ones. I guess Matt didn’t do too bad, we did get married didn’t we?





What are some pick up lines you've used or have been used to get you?

5 comments:

  1. Don tried this one on me... Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stand up comedy definitely not in his future

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why Nick will be living in my basement until he's forty. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete