Friday, November 17, 2017

#DeputationStory

  What's with the hashtag you ask? Since we all know I love hashtags so much. Well I'll tell you. I was talking to a missionary friend of mine today and she told me how her a friend will text each other and start with "#deputationstory" and then share something funny or something that only someone else on deputaition would understand. So I thought I would borrow their hashtag and share some stories of my own. Here we go.

#deputationstory
   When you've been in a different hotel room every night that week and you start to have trouble remembering which room number is yours.

#deputationstory
    You slept in five different states in the span of one week.

#deputationstory
     After a month of being away from home,  the cereal and French fries found on the floor of your mini van could feed starving children in Africa for a month.

#deputationstory
      You forgot to empty the van trash can (yes, we have one. Don't judge)  at the last stop and now the van is starting to smell like that wet diaper and yesterday's BBQ sauce.

#deputationstory
     Your Sunday evening is gonna be rough because you didn't get to take a nap. (I have never lived for a nap more in my life than I do now on Sunday afternoons. It's like coffee. You don't skip it or bad things happen)

#deputationstory
     You play tetris every time you pack the van.

#deputationstory
     Your kids think McDonald's is just where you're supposed to each lunch every day.

#deputationstory
     You stayed in one place for more than a week, and it was weird to not have somewhere to be.

#deputationstory
     You don't know what to do with your evening when you don't have church every night.

#deputationstory
      You know the one northern restaurant to go to where you CAN find your sweet tea.

#deputationstory
      You have way more of these stories than anyone wants to read in  one post.

#canyourelatetoanyofthese?

6 comments:

  1. #deputationstory when you can’t remember the people or the auditoriums, but you can identify every nursery of every church you’ve visited in the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what your children’s #deputationstories would be from their perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember it from when I was a kid like this. #deputationstory when the people you stayed with had a three story fire pole in their house. Or #deputationstory when the people we stayed with had snowmobiles. Score!! Or my favorite #deputationstory Dad wants white castle again. Gag!

      Delete
  3. #deputationstory When, as a 3 year old, you can make even the meanest pastor want to support your parents by playing hide and seek in the auditorium with him.

    ReplyDelete