Friday, December 8, 2017

Christmas Issues


    Today, we're going to discuss the issues. Gifts for men and stocking stuffers. I don't know about you, but these are two things that stump me every year. Men always say that women are so hard to shop for, but really.... jewelry, a scarf, a purse, shoes... that's a lot to go with right there.  Now men, they are hard to shop for. When men need something, they go get it. They don't think "oh wait, Christmas is in the next couple of months. I should wait and drop hints." They just go out and get the item and go on with their life.

      My husbands hobbies are hunting or electronics. Seasonal and Expensive. Hunting is a seasonal thing. A hobby that ends right before Christmas. So really, you can't buy a hunting gift because they can't even use it for a whole year. On top of that, there are very few inexpensive hunting items. Bullets, tree stands, guns ("You'll shoot your eye out!"), bows, arrows, camouflage.  It's all expensive stuff.  Not to mention, he watches all the finances?? Explain to me how that's supposed to work with surprises? Then he likes electronics. There's nothing else to be said about that except we're not taking out a loan for a Christmas present. Maybe his gift could be that we could go window shopping at Best Buy and I'll smile and nod while he looks over all the newest gizmos. We'll see how that goes over.

     My dad has never been easy to buy for either. This year we all asked my mom what to get dad. She said ammo is always good. ok, so we all buy that and he opens 6 boxes of the exact same thing. Yaaaayyyyy πŸ˜‘ Can you say "Boring"?!?  I think growing up we would either buy him a tie or socks. That's why every guy has 101 ugly ties in his closet that he will never wear. Kids with good intentions. We all put our heads together and tried to be a little more creative this year. I'll let you know how that goes.

     Then there's the other big issue of the season. Stocking stuffers. Why is this an issue you ask? Because you can either go with big and awesome or funny and practical. I never know which to do. If you go big and awesome, why waste it on the stocking instead of putting it under the tree. On the other hand, is it super dorky for a wife to get her husband the same deodorant that he always uses? Probably.


    So, here's what I'm asking of you. What are some good stocking stuffer ideas, and how do you figure out what to buy the men in your life?

   By the way, Wednesday's quote was from 🎺🎺🎺 The Santa Clause! Jennie Howell, you get 1,000 meaningless points for guessing the correct answer. And we're going to throw in a bonus 500 points for being the only person to guess!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Don't forget, people, to guess today's quote. You don't want to miss out on these awesome points!

   

11 comments:

  1. A Christmas Story! Oh and I agree completely. My man likes electronics and nice (I mean, super nice) watches. So in order to get a satisfying “yay” from a gift I give him is expensive. I go for practical and cute most the time. He builds decks so new work pants are good and warm clothing. I’ve found some cutsie sweatshirts/hoodies that say things like “only the best dad’s get lots of hugs” on the front and on the back are a bunch of hand prints. I also try and get him a new hat. Either a San Jose Sharks or LA Dodgers beanie or cap seems to get a somewhat happy face too. Good luck!! And always remember “it’s the thought that matters.” πŸ˜πŸ˜œπŸ€“

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!! 1000 meaningless points!! Woo hoo!!!

      Delete
  2. I have had the same issue for 43 years, what to get Rick for Christmas......for the past 10 years I have been getting my husband the same thing....... slippers. He IS VERY hard on slippers and goes thru 1 to 2 pair in a year. No surprise there I know. Sorry Jill, I am no help......

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Christmas story! Pockets knives, hand warmers, favorite candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pampered Chef BBQ Tools and Spice Rubs if he's a griller! I know a consultant in Madison, AL! Wood chips to add flavor to his grilling, or other grilling accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best rule for a guys stocking stuffer - Edible is never regrettable! For gifts, you are spot on. If we need it, we will go out and get it. If you go practical, it probably won't be the right size, type, or have the right options. What works really well is something from the heart. A plaque that expresses how you feel. A painting with our hobby (hunting). He may like to play with his toys on Christmas day, but he will always treasure that desk decoration, hand painted scripture verse, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. the quote was from "a Christmas Story". Red Ryder B.B. gun and all! Best Christmas movie EVER!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Christmas Story!
    And whoohoo... GO me πŸ˜ƒ
    Beef jerky is always a main go to for my hubby's stocking! Along with other practical items! Main gifts...stump me every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quote was from A Christmas Story... NOT my favorite Christmas movie! haha... stocking stuffers stump me too.. always have with 4 guys in my house! I go with flashlights, cool grill lighters, candy and stuff for their home office! haha Not sure they appreciate the office stuff as much as me though! hehe

    ReplyDelete