Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas on the Go

   I think I mentioned in my last post that we would only be in our home for a short time this holiday season and that I wouldn't be decorating. Well, I fibbed a little. Not on purpose though. We will only be home for a short time, and I had no plans of decorating, but once we got home and I was trying to work on some of the Christmas presents that I'm making, it just didn't seem like Christmas. So, we decided to decorate just a little.
and I do mean just  a little. We put up a 24 inch tree and our little ones had tons of fun sitting on the kitchen table and decorating the tiny tree.  We even put some presents under, well more like around our tree. 
These are the books for the 24 Christmas books I mentioned last post. The kids are already asking when they get to open their presents. 😂

      Anyways, like I said, we only have a short time home so I have a lot to do. We are still in the process of unpacking from our last trip, which was over a month long. 

Still very early in the process...  I'm procrastinating because I'm dreading the thought of putting it all away just to put it back in suitcases next week. I guess I have no choice and I'm down to a little over a week left, so "It's turbo time!!!".


     This year I am trying to do as many homemade gifts as possible. I had quite a bit of material leftover from my last project, so I'm using it to make doll accessories for my daughter and nieces. My goal is to make a diaper bag, blanket, pillow, and a couple of diapers for their baby dolls. We'll see how that goes. I'm going completely without a pattern...soo....ya.  I also have another gift that I'm making, but I can't go into detail because the receiver of the gift reads the blog. She kind of has to because she also writes on it. So, maybe you'll get pictures after Christmas! Anyways, I'm only halfway through the secret project and haven't even started on the doll accessories project. On top of that I wanted to make a skirt for myself before Christmas. Seeing all that I've written I'm beginning to wonder what I was thinking when I decided on these gifts. I guess my sewing machine will just have to travel with me until Christmas. 😕

     In other news, we went to the doctor this week and.... 

The kids are very excited, well our daughter at least said "awww, so cute!" when she saw the ultrasound picture.  My hubby may or may not be a little disappointed that him and our son will be outnumbered. I didn't have a preference either way, but I am excited that by this summer the boy to girl ratio in my family will finally be in favor of the girls!! Between my dad, brothers, and my son it was eight guys to six girls. After our daughter is born and my brother gets married we will be 9 females to 8 males! It's the little things in life. 😂 

Speaking of little things. My 17 month old son put together his first sentence today. "Momma, my diaper poo poo." Proud moment... I think. 

Don't forget our Christmas game! The quote is in there in bold! Leave your movie guess in the comments! 
Happy December! 
      

10 comments:

  1. Is it Jingle all the Way? Congratulations on the baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! You were the first to guess the correct answer! 1,000 meaningless points for you today!

      Delete
  2. Jingle all the way!!! Congrats on the girl. I understand the whole boy to girl ratio thing. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should give your daughter an interesting name like Starfish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll save that wonderful name for you when you have a daughter.

      Delete
  4. Jingle All The Way! Who's the secret gift for? Asking for a friend...😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys always outnumbered the girls in our family. With seven boys and three girls, we had little chance. But I wouldn’t change if for anything. I love my brothers so much. It was nice when sister-in-laws started coming though. Congratulations on baby girl! 👼

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, have to be honest! I'm going to copy the other blogsters and go with Jingle all the Way... not because I have any idea what you are talking though! Missed that movie!... I thought you had that quote in bold because you wanted someone to bring you a double shot from Starbucks! lol

    ReplyDelete