Friday, February 23, 2018

Darling Daughters


I would have to say I love the ages that my girls are at right now. Their personalities are really standing out, each one their own as you can see from the picture above. They keep us on our toes for sure but who wouldn't want it that way? Here's what these little gals have been up too.

Stella informed me yesterday that she was still waiting for the right boy to marry. I told her that was a good thing because she's only five. Oh, and because she didn't have to worry about that until she was at least seven...teen...plus ten years.

Stella is also a very picky eater. I honestly don't know where she gets it from (ok, that's a lie... it's me). I made something for dinner the other night that she has eaten before and has liked. I gave her the meal and she said, "I'm actually not going to eat all of this, only a little bit." 

Talia loves to pray first every night at bedtime. Have any of you had to hide your face when your child prays to keep from laughing? Well, I have too. I love that she is so eager to pray but I think I'm going to eventually have to bust her precious little bubble. A few of her recent prayers have gone a little like this. 

"Dear Jesus, Can you please help Nana to not be cranky!" A little back story, the day before, Talia had taken something from her sister and wouldn't give it back. Nana was the closest adult to her at the time and made her obey. Apparently, Talia didn't like that she had to obey so she prayed for Nana.

"Dear Jesus, Can I please have a dog that doesn't have teeth or nails so it won't bite or scratch me. Also help it to be pink Lord. And can you please give me a horse without wings? Amen."

Talia typically comes into my room after she wakes up in the morning. This particular morning she went to the kitchen first and tried to get herself breakfast. She came into my room and said, "Mom, we have a big problem." I followed her into the kitchen and this is what I saw. 


I mean I wasn't happy about her wasting the entire box of Lucky Charms but I have to give her a little credit for getting the broom out to make it look like she tried to clean it up. 

Olivia loves to sing, pretend she is a puppy and eat Oreos... well, the best part of the Oreo anyway.. Seriously, who eat's Oreo's like this?



Olivia also continues to make us laugh. After church my husband was in a conversation with his parents so I was keeping the girls occupied by playing Simon Says. So, I started the video late but Simon told Olivia to wiggle her nose. 



I hope my kids make you laugh as much as they do me. What are some ways your kids make you laugh?





3 comments:

  1. I love those little girls even if they do think I’m cranky! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Olivia sounds like my Ashlyn! She too loves to pretend she’s a puppy (or dinosaur, or cat, or...anything animal-like), sing, and she only eats the “best” part of the Oreo. To make her eat the whole Oreo is like we’re mekingher eat peas or something! Your girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I love those little girls. They make me laugh.😂

    ReplyDelete