Monday, February 19, 2018

Let Them Eat Cake!

If we were to talk about things that scare us, a lot of people would mention bugs, snakes, the dark, clowns. I'm probably afraid of all most of those. But if you want to know what really scares me, here it is:


This would be the sauce for nine lasagnas. We just finished up our annual Growing Through Giving Campaign with a banquet. This banquet is cooked and served by the staff (re: Kylee and me). 

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not all that comfortable in the kitchen. I can turn out decent meals for our family, but cooking for fifty people is something else again. 


We had lasagna and garlic bread and tossed salad.



And cake.


Lots and lots of cake.

The way I look at it, since dessert is the last thing they eat, you can get by with a mediocre meal if you have a great dessert. We opted for cake, but I followed a few tips I got online for making a box cake taste more like a bakery cake. 

I think it worked. 

I said that Kylee and I cooked the meal, and we did, but we did have help serving. Matt and the boys all helped with prepping, serving and cleaning up. 


We also had a lot of help from these three. They helped here and there, kept us laughing, and checked to make sure the cake was tasty.

All in all, in spite of my fears and being out of my comfort zone, I think the evening turned out rather well.

Now what are we going to do with all these leftovers?





4 comments:

  1. I'll take the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great meal with great service! So much better than any experience Olive Garden could ever hope to give! Thank u!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was delicious ! Thank you so much .

    ReplyDelete