Monday, February 12, 2018

My Funny Valentine


When my husband and I were dating we would talk every night on the phone. I believe I’ve mentioned before that we had a long distance relationship, so in addition to the phone calls we would also write each other letters. It’s always fun getting mail but especially fun when it’s from someone special. They also make good keep sakes. After I got each letter, I would scrapbook to save it for later.

Last night I found my scrapbook of letters from my love and was reading through them. Great memories flooded my mind: times I will never forget. A lot of them made me smile because I can remember the exact moments that I received these letters and other letters made me laugh out loud. 

So with permission from my husband I’m sharing a few things from some of the letters. Don’t worry I’m not going to share all of our mush with you. 

He wrote: You are interesting and captivating. You have my attention 100% of the time. 

HAH! That lasted a whole six months.

He wrote: I can’t wait until we’re married and I don’t have to match my own clothes. You know how much of a relief that will be?

Romantic young men may be well-meaning but they are totally clueless. 

I’d have to say my favorite letter that I got from him was on Valentine’s Day in 2011, it was the sweetest. It was like I had hit the jackpot of all letters, because I actually got two. Since Valentine’s Day is also my birthday, there was a gift in addition to the letters. He sent me a jersey of my favorite sports team and favorite player. 

Although, we may laugh now at some of the letters we had sent each other, they really were precious moments that we can remember forever. 

Do you still have any letters that you and your spouse wrote to each other?


Don’t forget about our Contest. You have until noon on Thursday to send us your Valentine’s story to lolinministry(at)yahoo(dot)com. We will pick the winner and that story will be featured on the blog Friday, February 16th. In addition to your story being featured, you also get the Lila Rose Giveaway. 

2 comments:

  1. I have all the letters and cards from our time dating and the little one sentence notes he's left me around the house or under my pillow over the years ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I would write little notes in a notebook because our schedules were such that we rarely had time to spend with one another (I’d work 7-5; he’d work 4p-12a). Sometimes they were sweet...sometimes we were working on some marital issues so that weren’t so sweet. Kind of funny to read through some of those now!

    ReplyDelete