Wednesday, February 14, 2018

What to Get My Valentine?

Stephanie:  So ... tomorrow's group post. Go!

Kylee:  What is our topic for our convo again?

Jill:  We had a topic? When did we get a topic? Was I sleeping?

Stephanie:  Appropriate Valentine's Day gifts for a mother.

Jill:  Refilling our secret chocolate stash ... and we're willing to wait until the 15th for discounted chocolate.

Kylee:  Should buying flowers be a requirement or are they cliche? What about cliché Valentine's gifts?

Jill:  flowers are always acceptable. Unless they're half dead already.

Stephanie:  That depends on the woman, but a man should know her enough to know if she'll like flowers or not. I think a great gift for a mom would removing and cleaning and re-installing the kids' car seats. I did that today, and can I say, I'd be thrilled if he did that. Yuck!

Sometime later ...

Our blog post is going really well ... 

Jill:  I've been driving.

Kylee:  I've been driving too!

Jill:  I just saw a cashier from Meijer shopping at Walmart. 

Kylee:  Meijer is super busy. Everyone is doing last minute valentine shopping, and while I was picking out a card an old woman told me that she and her husband were still hot, "if ya know what I mean ..."   

Stephanie:  Oh gag me!

Jill:  Ewww!

Stephanie:  Ahem! So what else are mom-approved gifts?

Kylee:  Massages. Also, not having to make dinner.

Stephanie:  Not having to hear the word "mom" five million times before breakfast.

Kylee:  Taking a shower without a small child knocking on the door after five minutes.

Stephanie:  Or to simply go to the bathroom alone.

Kylee:  Mom, where are you? Mom ... mom ... mom ... mom ... mom ... haha, see what I did there?

Jill:  I was cooking and packing up a bunch of bread for the freezer.  My problems aren't the same as y'alls anymore, but I could use the gift of everyone cleaning up after themselves for one day.

Kylee:  That's a really good one. My child just got Oreo stuck in her nose.

Stephanie:  How do you get oreos stuck in your nose? And now I want bagels.

Kylee:  Lol I have no idea, but she succeeded.

Jill:  A whole cookie?

Kylee:  No. A small wet piece.

Stephanie:  Ooo Ooo! How about hubby going grocery shopping and coming back with every item on the list and it's all the right brand. And the only extra he got was chocolate for me.

Jill:  That's not a gift. That's a miracle.

Kylee:  Yes! Or maybe make the entire grocery list himself so I don't have to think of everything by myself.

Stephanie:  Lol. that'd be nice. I think a good gift would be a date night. It can be to McDonald's for all I care, but he takes care of finding a babysitter and setting up all the details.

Jill:  But then you'd have to deal with his idea of an acceptable babysitter. And some all details about the evening will be left to chance.

Kylee:  Another good gift would be if one of your kids wakes up in the middle of the night with an issue, and your husband doesn't wake you up to take care of the issue. Instead he takes care of it because he is already awake.

Jill:  And he takes care  of it properly. In other words, he cleans up the poop/puke mess as well as comforting the crying child.

Kylee:  Bingo!

Stephanie:  I'd love to be able to watch a show alone and in silence.

Kylee:  Finishing a show in silence!

Stephanie:  You are?

Kylee:  No, I'm saying to watch a show and finish it in silence.

Stephanie:  Oh gotcha. I haven't fully watched anything in ages.

So if you're looking for an outside-the-box Valentine's Day gift, here you go. Also, don't forget about our contest! Send us a funny love story or valentine's story (it doesn't have to be long; just something funny!) Send your story to lolinministry(at)yahoo(dot)com by noon tomorrow. If we chose your story, we'll post it on Friday, and you'll also win the Lila Rose giveaway.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Kylee!

P.P.S. Happy Birthday, Luke!

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up!!! And yes please...to all of the above!
    P.s. I'm all good with receiving Feb 15th chocolates too 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday kylee!!!

    ReplyDelete