Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Time On My Hands

Since I live with a bunch of males, and since Opening Day of Hunting Season is this week (what do you mean you didn't know that?!?!), I'm finding myself spending more time alone these days.

So while my guys are getting up in the wee hours of the morning to make their way through the frozen darkness to their stands, while they're shivering and changing their socks because dampness worked its way into their boots, while they're showering with "scent away" so the the deer don't sense their presence (HINT: if doesn't add perfumes to the soap, but it doesn't necessarily take care of all of the b.o. either), I've had people ask me what I'm going to do with all my free time.

Well watch out because the guys don't have the monopoly on the fun!

I started the week with an attempted root canal. I say attempted because, after novocain that numbed my jaw and my nose and after spending two and a half hours in the chair, the dentist came to the conclusion that some oral surgery was going to have to take place before the root canal. Blades and lasers were discussed (I am not making this up) and then ultimately it was decided that I needed a different course of action. I was scolded for putting this off for so long, but then told they don't have another appointment for another month so I guess this problem is not going to get fixed any time soon.

Later in the day I read by a cozy fire, watched a little television, made soup in the crockpot and sorted and organized my jewelry. All of that, and I'm only on Day One!

Don't be jealous. Not everyone can maintain the level of excitement that I can.

I have more stuff planned for tomorrow. My plans include dusting and vacuuming and possibly reorganizing the pantry. I'd clean the fridge out too, but I need to pace myself. After all, it's going to be a long week.

So what do you do when you have free time?

4 comments:

  1. Root canals are not at the top of my free time list.. And only you have things like this happen at the dentist..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read and get things organized and cleaned out as well .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puzzles! Of course if your males are like mine some of them could walk up to the puzzle, pick up a piece and place it right where it should go... after I've been looking for that piece for an hour! And, "they" say that doing puzzles is good for Alzheimers. I think I read that somewhere, I'm sure I did! 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came home today from an appt, and work and took a 2 hour nap! I felt slightly ashamed when I woke up, thinking of all the things I could have accomplished around the house...then I was like sorry, not sorry! I enjoyed it, and apparently needed that extra rest! ☺

    ReplyDelete