Friday, November 30, 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like....

It's 85 degrees here and I've got all the windows open. So as much as it doesn't really feel like Christmas here, we're getting ready to go get a tree today. The debate is do we get a American style full Christmas tree, a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, or maybe just a palm tree and hang some pineapple lights !?!  Presents fit under all three so what difference does it make?
This is how my kids spent their day yesterday, and my son even hot sun burned. So, I'm having a hard time really getting into it this year. 

If you ask the kids, they think we need all three... But I'm not really for that plan because that just means three trees in the house that I have to keep them from climbing on. No thank you. I am having a hard enough time keeping our crawler/almost walker from killing herself on the stairs. Why are stairs so attractive to a baby??

The kids have decided they want bikes and monkeys for Christmas this year. One may be possible, the other.... not so much. I'll let you figure out which one we're actually considering. 😏

It's also hard to feel Christmasy when there's fishing involved, and not the ice variety. Ya, I know, majot subject change, but my son got to go fishing for the first time and I had to slip it in somehow.



Isn't he just the cutest?!?! 

Allright, back to the main topic. What kind of tree do we get? Suggestions would be great!!! 



7 comments:

  1. I vote for the more traditional Christmas tree. Might help you make the transition into it feeling more like Christmas. Maybe next year you can get a palm tree, or someone to visit at Christmas time. Just spit balling ideas here 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d go with the American Christmas Tree 🎄. In a place where you don’t feel so Christmassy, it may be nice to have something to remind you of the season?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the palm tree is a cute idea .Everything else is new and it doesn't feel like a regular Christmas so why try to force one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three, jk.
    I am likeing the pineapple lights however.🤔

    ReplyDelete