Monday, March 18, 2019

Too Cool for Potty School

It’s that time again…Potty Training!

Ahh, yes. Those two words every young mother dreads.

Potty training is easily one of the least favorite things I’ve had to endure as a parent. When you do it for the first time you really don’t have a clue what you’re doing and then just because you find something that works for the first child doesn’t mean that is going to work for the ones to follow.

For a while now I have felt like Olivia has been ready, showing me different signs that she was ready. My goal was to have her trained and out of diapers before Amelia was born and after a series of excuses events it just hasn’t worked out. I have tried a few times since then to get her more familiar with it and ready but she just hasn’t seemed interested.

Last week I tried putting her on the potty again to try and get her excited for active training. I said, “ Livie, let’s try going potty.” She quickly replied, “No way.” then ran away down the hallway. 

I think I may have my work cut out for me with this one but it must be done. We’ve set a new goal and that is by her birthday which is just a few weeks away.



Anyway, today is the day we are actively training…May the odds ever be in my favor!


1 comment: