Friday, July 7, 2017

My A to Z of What Makes a Godly Wife




A is for Accountable
I am accountable to God for everything I do and everything I say.

B is for Beauty
Beauty is not just outward appearance. (Although, it really helps!) It is the inner beauty that comes from God.

C is for Care for the Home
The home should be a place of relaxation. There’s nothing like a clean, tidy, cozy home.

D is for Devotions
A godly woman ought to be faithful in her daily devotions. 

E is for Energetic
We should be enthusiastic in all that we do. It’s not always easy, but if you’re right with God there shouldn’t be a problem. 

F is for Forgiveness
We must forgive, to move forward. If someone says something mean to you, do you hold a grudge? God forgives us when we do something wrong, doesn’t he?

G is for God fearing
Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is in vain; but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

H is for Help meet
God created us to help our husbands not to be a hindrance. 

I is for Integrity
The quality of being honest. 

J is for Jesus
Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?

K is for Kind
A godly woman should be kind with her words and her actions. 

L is for Listener
Women tend to try to help or comment on our “feelings” to certain situations. Most times all we need to do is listen. If we have a problem, we need to take it to the Lord.

M is for Modest
1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

N is for Nurturer
A good mother is one who teaches her children the Bible Way.

O is for Others
As young children we are taught in Sunday school about the word “JOY”. Jesus, Others, Yourself. We ought to care for others and not just ourselves.

P is for Patience
Things don’t always go as we hope. “But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.” Romans 8:25

Q is for Quiet
I don’t believe this means we should never say anything or speak at all. Rather, be respectful, and be content if we don’t always get to speak our peace.

R is for Reputation
Our testimony. Does your testimony show that you live a Godly life? 

S is for Servant
Whether your changing diapers in the nursery or playing the piano, a godly woman serves with a joyful heart.

T is for Trustworthy
If my husband asks me to do something, I ought to follow through and do what I say I'm going to do. If I forget, or procrastinate he’s not likely to trust in me to get things done. 

U is for Understanding
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 

V is for Virtue
Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

W is for Wise
Proverbs 29:9 A fool uttered all his mind; but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

X is for eXample 
As Christians, people are watching and waiting for us to mess up. What kind of example are you being to the people of the World?

Y is for Yielding
Am I doing the things that I want to do? I should be yielding to what God’s will is for my life. 

Z is for Zealous

A godly woman is one who is hardworking and puts her whole heart into whatever task she is doing. 

3 comments: