Monday, October 30, 2017

In the Blink of an Eye

  So, how's your fall going? Mine is a whirlwind. It seems like it just got here... Maybe because it just went from 80 degrees to 40 degrees in a day. Anyways, it's finally here and I feel like it'll be gone before I blink.

 I was talking to a friend today and she asked what my schedule looked like and so I actually had to think about it. I realized that it will really disappear once I blink. We're in west Virginia, then New York for four days, then new Hampshire for four days. New York is a halfway point from west Virginia to New Hampshire and we have family there, so that's a short family stop. New Hampshire is a missions conference.

Once we leave new Hampshire we have to be in South Carolina three days later. Well a half way point is Washington DC and who knows when we'd be that way again so we're gonna stop and see some sights. Whatever free or cheap sights there are to see that is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anyways, then we have to be in South Carolina for a day then Georgia the next day for four days. After that we have four days off in which we will head up to Kentucky where my husband can "finally" (his words) go hunting. After those four days we have  three day conference in Kentucky.

Then finally it's Thanksgiving. And after Thanksgiving, even though winter doesn't technically start until like December 22, in my mind winter starts the day after Thanksgiving. Because it's Christmas season and Christmas season is in winter, not fall. Makes sense, right?!!!

 On a side note, this last week I've been sewing like a mad woman. Making carseat ponchos.


Here's little girl's, with pink pigtails and an inside pocket. (the pigtails are even and she does like it despite the look on her face). She was incredibly tired of trying it on for me.. 😁



 And here's little man's. His has dinosaur spikes down the hood and back. And as if it wasn't already difficult for him to stay awake in the car, now it's nearly impossible with this warm comfy blanket.

  I'm even more happy about these than I thought I'd be. They're the perfect thing for little kids in the cold. You don't have to unbundle them to buckle in a carseat!

  So, back to my earlier question.  What are some things we should see while stopping I'm D. C.?? 

4 comments:

  1. First - I love those car seat panchos!! I have not seen those before! Second - I’ve only been to DC once for a work meeting. I went sight seeing, but this was in 2005. I just remember it being pretty easy to get around to see all the monuments. I remember most of the museums being donation-based to get in (no set price, just whatever you wanted to donate). As far as what specific to see...it all was amazing! I liked walking through all the memorials. I remember the Vietnam Memorial the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're not too difficult to make, otherwise I wouldn't have made them. Haha. That's good to know about the museums!

      Delete
  2. Do u know if there is a YouTube video or something for those ponchos? They are super cute! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your winter/Christmas philosophy.

    ReplyDelete