Monday, October 16, 2017

Where Does the Time Go?

  Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday my babies were newborns,
 

and now I have these little people in my house that can actually carry on a conversation with me.


  Our son doesn't have many actual words that he says, but he likes to mimic everything. His most recent word that he learned was "fries" or "ries" as he calls them. I think that one will actually stick with him because this boy loves his "ries". He's also the kid that will scream to have his shoes taken off the second we get into the van, but when we're at home he won't be caught dead without his monster feet slippers. He got some monkey slippers a while back, but they were too big and he hasn't been able to wear them, but he really liked them. So I found some $5 monster feet slippers at Walmart and when I came home with them, he was so excited. He wears them from the moment he wakes up, till the moment we take them off of him after he's already fallen asleep. And if for some reason they fall off during the day, he comes looking for me to help him get them back on. 

  Our daughter is talking more and more every day. One Sunday recently, she was just so chatty on the way to church, I mean question, after statement, after question, after statement.  My husband finally looked at her and said "you are really gonna give those nursery workers something to listen to, aren't you?".  She just laughed as if she knew exactly what he said. Sometimes the things that come out of her mouth just shock us. Not that it's any huge, profound statement, but it still shocks us at times that she knows those specific words and the sentence was put together correctly. I still expect the "What doing?" or the "need fries", not the "What are you doing?" or the "I don't need nuggets, just fries for me". She actually said that to me tonight. My two year old! 

  Where did the last two years go? Does any of you other moms out there remember those days when you were single and the year seemed to drag by and you felt like your life was going by so slow and you were never gonna find that guy, and be married, and have kids? Now that you have kids though, isn't this how you feel? Didn't we just do this whole Christmas thing a couple of months ago? Wasn't your first birthday just last week, not four months ago?? Why are we flying the "W" again, didn't they just do this world series thing? 😏 (That's for you, father-in-law). I just feel like every time I blink, a week, or a month has gone by and I don't know how!

   Now, I'm not the girl sitting at the single's outing at Steak and Shake wondering if that guy is ever gonna come along, but I'm the mom sitting at the Cracker Barrel quietly singing "This Little Light of Mine" for the 5th time so that my kids will be quiet until the food comes. Yes, I sing to them in public. My kids love to sing. So we whisper sing in restaurants sometimes while we oh so impatiently wait for our chicken fingers and "ries". A couple of weeks ago we went out with a pastor and his family after church, and there I was in the corner of the table whisper singing all kinds of songs, until  we got to the B-I-B-L-E. Little tip, that's not a song you can whisper sing. We got to the end, and both my one year old and my two year old belted out at the top of their lungs "BIBLE!!!!!!". Well, that got everyone's attention...in the whole restaurant. What can I say. My kids are not ashamed of God's Word. 😆 I should take a lesson from them because I'm pretty sure I looked like a bright red tomato.  Guess I'm going to have to get used to it because with one more baby coming along, I'm pretty sure things won't be getting any quieter. One more baby... Where does the time go??

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Seems like just yesterday my little two year old girl was chattering away from the back seat and now she’s whisper singing to her kids in estaurants. 🙂❤️🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s an amazing ride, one that I feel so blessed to be on! My little chatterbox (that doesn’t end, by the way), is now 7! It feels like yesterday we were starting a new daycare and you were part of her everyday life! Hang on and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe your little girl has the other half of her chatter gene from her Grammi and Uncle Nate! haha... And I agree...it seems like yesterday Zack was crying in the nursery for his mommy...Wow!! I just feel old!!! haha

    ReplyDelete