Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Best Decision I've Ever Made!


When I was 15 years old, my grandma had asked me to come over to her house. She was taking a soul winning class, “Operation Go” and wanted to get some practice. She started going through the steps of Salvation with me as if I were someone she were going to witness to. She got to the last few questions: Do you know if you will go to Heaven when you die? Is that something you want to know?

At that moment, I knew she was no longer practicing and was really trying to lead me to the Lord. I prayed along with her. When she was finished, I felt tricked but believed that I had gotten saved. A short time later I was baptized.

I believe that,  after you’re saved, you should see a difference in how you act, in the things you say, and even your dress. I believe for myself I would act one way for my friends and another while I was at church. I didn’t apply myself in the areas that I should have. 

Later, I started getting involved in ministries but still didn’t participate as much as I should have.

It wasn’t until Christmas break during my Junior year of high school, my parents and I were talking with my youth pastor about some options for me as far as school goes. I wasn’t happy with how school was going for me at the time. With thinking and praying, we came to the decision that I wasn’t going to return to public school when it resumed after break. It was sudden, it was hard, but it was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. 

Some changes were made in my life and I began seriously praying about what God wanted for my life. I prayed for God to show me who I was supposed to marry.

In May of 2010, God answered that prayer. My husband and I have now been married for 6 years and have 3 beautiful girls. 

In May of 2014, We had a Revival at our church, and a Salvation message was preached. As I went home from church that evening, I was feeling so convicted. I thought I was saved, but I was having serious doubts about whether or not I was going to Heaven when I die. The next evening I was feeling the same way, and I had to do something about it. May 1st, 2014, I trusted Christ as my personal Savior. I know without a shadow of a doubt where I’m going when I die. 

If you don’t know today that you are 100% saved and on your way to Heaven, talk to someone! It is the best decision you will ever make in your life!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story 💖 Once we come to a realization of the grace and mercy showed to us, we can't deny that Christ is THE BEST thing we can ever have!

    ReplyDelete