Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Lake Day Adventure


We recently had an activity at the lake. We cooked on the grill, the kids played on the playground and we went fishing on the boat. Our daughter Talia heard us saying we were going to Lake Day and she started calling it shake a leg day.

They had a small pavilion that was right next to a playground and had a few swings. Of course, Stella was super excited so she had to try out everything. Olivia found one swing and pretty much stayed their the whole time. Stella tried out the swing next to Olivia, it was a bit higher off the ground. I started pushing her. She said, “whoa, whoa, you have to get me down. I’m freaking out!” A few minutes later she got on another swing but this time on her belly and started swinging like Superman. My husband told her to be careful because her sisters were under the swing playing in the dirt. She said, “I can handle myself.” We just laughed.

A short while later we got to go out on a friend's boat. I thought the girls would have trouble at first because they aren’t the most adventurous little girls. They loved it! At first, they sat pretty still and looked around a bit, just checking things out. Once we got out on the lake they were walking around the boat and both took turns fishing. Stella announced to everyone that she couldn’t believe she was on a boat! Talia and Stella we’re both shushing us and talking to the fish so that they would come out.


I even got to drive! I have only been on a boat a few times, let alone drive one. I was getting the hang of it until another boat was going to pass us soon and started making waves. My husband started saying, “what are you doing, what are you doing?” I shouted nervously, “ I don’t know!” I thought I was doing something wrong or was going to tip the boat and everyone would drown. He was laughing right after I shouted so I knew he was just teasing. We came back to the dock with the same amount of people we went out with so I guess you could say it was successful Captaining.


Highlight of the day:


Talia caught her first fish!

3 comments: