Monday, December 3, 2018

Surviving Motherhood

We are a month into life with four girls and I'm going to be honest, it hasn't been the easiest adjusting this time around. The transition from one child to two was pretty easy, two children to three wasn't much different, but three children to four has seemed to be a little overwhelming lately. 

I feel as if I'm just not on top of my to do list as I used to be, my patience level is low, I constantly have mom guilt, and I feel stretched just a little too thin.

You might think reading this that it's the baby that's making me feel all of these things. Guess what, it's not. I prayed for a mellow baby this time, and God sure knew that I was going to need it.



It seems to be silly little things that are overwhelming me.

Could it be "baby blues?"

I'm worrying about things that I don't need too. I'm stressed because my housework isn't getting done. I'm getting irritated with things that aren't a big deal. For example, when my daughter accidentally gets a comb stuck in my hair, because she is trying to curl it, or when I'm trying to clean one room of my house, and a bomb is exploding in another. 


I don't want to feel this way so what was I going to do about it? First, accept the fact that I can't do it all. Second, prioritize better. Third, don't sweat the small stuff. If I can't do that then I'm going to miss out on the more important things and the sweet memories that are being made.



Did any of you have the baby blues? What advice do you have?

5 comments:

  1. I am still going through all of that after my little Tatum arrived, so I think it’s probably common for us moms to feel outnumbered. And it’s because you are literally outnumbered! Two hands vs. eight! One tummy vs. four! Don’t beat yourself up, like you said, enjoy the moments you and can and don’t stress about mess...just try to tell people to give you a two hour notice at minimum before stopping over lol
    We love you and your beautiful girls, so messy or not, we know you’re a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had baby blues with Shelby but post partum depression with Henry. It took a lot of prayer, patience, and help from family and if I’m honest time.. I think by four months I was finally feeling like myself again and like I could handle life’s little stresses. The toughest part for me was that I had zero patience. I would get so frustrated with myself for not being able to get a routine settled when I thought I should have one. I would feel so terribly guilty that I felt like I was depriving my oldest daughter of love and attention! It’s silly looking back now but at the time it felt so overwhelming and real. Having a support system was great and having such a wonderful God to speak to when my heart was heavy at night telling me it will get better and I’m doing my best. I always believe being a mom is one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs a woman can have and other times I look at my children and think they’re secretly planning a hostile takeover 😂 I’ll keep you in my prayers you inspire me as a mom so just keep praying and working through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not easy trying to make sure you're giving each child equal mommy time. you aren't kidding about the hostile take over. That is what babies talk about in the nursery isn't it?😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had depression after my 3 child and my 5th. My third one I basically took meds and it was resolved. The 5th time it was so hard tried meds not working. It just seem like my mind was going in circles around and around. I felt lost. So finally one day I got so mad I just started blocking n deleting people off Facebook for no reason. Well one of the person I deleted was my sister in law she was so hurt by it so she came over to try to figure it out I yelled told her I didnt wanna hear anything she said but she wouldnt give up she just kept talking (lol) finally I realized I need help I felt like the world was on my shoulders. I broke down n cried. Ever since that day I been praying more and doing my daily devotions it helps me a lot I had so much bitterness and couldnt forgive and the depression was so bad I lost it but now I feel like I'm in a better place. Go to God pray pray pray it helps so much it really does!!

    ReplyDelete