Monday, January 14, 2019

A Novel Idea


In my last post I mentioned that one of my goals for this year was to read more. I had a novel idea that I would try to read at least one book a month in addition to my Bible reading. I know that isn't a very tough goal to accomplish, but I thought it was a good start. Finding time to read in my spare time is a hilarious thought, is there even such a thing as spare time for a wife and mother of four? I suppose there is that time slot between two and four a.m. that's free, although I think sleep is more appealing. 

Fun fact. I don’t even like reading, but I want to change that which is why I even set the goal in the first place. Back when I was in grade school we had to do what was called “Accelerated Reading”, it was where you read a book or several books and take a test which was about ten questions based off of what you read. If you passed your test you were invited to go to the accelerated reading party at the end of that month. Since I didn’t like reading it was a real struggle for me to comprehend what I was reading so when it came time to take my test, it was questionable whether or not I would pass.

I remember one time pretty clearly when I didn’t pass that silly little test. That meant I had to miss the party, which was super sad to my little 5th grade self. From then on I tried really hard to focus and pay attention to what I was reading so I didn't have to miss another party, but that didn’t mean I began liking it.

Fast forward to now, I really have a desire to read and want to love it. Truth be told I don’t even really know where to start, or what genre of books I even like.

As for my goal, I haven’t started one for this month yet. Don’t judge, I still have half the month left!

 So, tell me. What is your favorite book?

6 comments:

  1. Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Deibler Rose is a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pretty much every book!! Just wish I had the time and attention span to sit and read now! When I sit down to read now, it's usually with guilt thoughts.... Like the dishes need done, there's laundry to do, the floors could really be mopped, I could go shovel the snow or mow the grass (depending on season)...etc etc 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you wanting to read fiction books or spiritual books?? Fiction there's the Dee Henderson Books. Mom has a bunch of paperback books and I'm pretty sure there's some shorter ones in there for you to squeeze one in this last half of the month. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the O’Malley series!! I’m onto her other books now! Highly recommend these Kylee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm listening to the o'malley séries on Audible right now

      Delete
    2. I'll have to check this out!😁

      Delete