Friday, January 25, 2019

When Life Gets in the Way

I'm sure you're wondering what is with the odd title. Well, I'll tell you.  

  The other day I had a to-do list a mile long. I had dishes to do, I was very behind on laundry, I had homework to do for my Portuguese class, my house wasn't in it's cleanest state...you get the idea. I got up early that day and took a walk. When I got back from my walk I made breakfast for the kiddos, threw a load of clothes in the washer, and picked up a few things before I went up to take a shower. Amidst all of that I heard what sounded like a faucet running. I checked around and all the faucets downstairs were off, so I figured it must be upstairs. 

  As, I went upstairs, I stopped. The stairs were wet. Why were the stairs wet? Then it dawned on me that the water sound was louder right there. I looked up. You are never going to believe what I saw. So instead of telling you, I'll just show you. 

I spent the next couple of hours placing buckets, mopping up water, chasing a baby away from the water, while my hubby and our friend spent that time trying to figure out why our light fixture had turned into a fountain. 

It turned out that there was a pipe seal that cracked right above the light. They fixed the problem, but then we had to spend the rest of the day with the water off so that the seal could dry. We have a backup reserve of water, but it isn't much. So, we could shower that morning but there was no catching up on laundry that day.  The good in it was that I had been meaning to mop the stairs, so at least that was done. 😀

 That day did not go quite as I had planned when I got up that morning. How often does your day go as planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment