Friday, April 12, 2019

All your care

Earlier this week, I was reading in I Peter, and a couple verses stuck out to me.

I Peter 5:7-8
 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 

I know these verses. I've known these verses for years. I taught one of these verses to my 3 year old. But something jumped out at me this time when I read them. 

Life can be overwhelming. Motherhood can be overwhelming, jobs can be overwhelming, bills can be overwhelming. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, there are many things or situations in life that can just come upon you and take over. 

That's when verse 7 comes in. Instead of being overwhelmed, you give it to God. Cast it upon Him, for He cares for you. 

Do you want to know why that's an important thing to do? Because we have an adversary.
The devil. Who is walking around looking for prey to devour. You know who is easy to devour? The weak. The ones who are burdened down with cares. 

If you are not sober and vigilant, and casting your cares upon Him, you are that weak prey that the devil is seeking to devour. Holding on to the burdens, and the overwhelming thoughts is making you an easy target. 

What are you holding on to today that is painting a big red target on your back?

1 comment:

  1. I love that. Usually “casting your care” is seen as taking the easy way (therefore it’s not the only way). But really it’s for your own safety to cast them off of you(should be the only way), otherwise you will be taken by the enemy. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete