Monday, April 15, 2019

Happiness is Homemade

There is really nothing like spending quality time with your kids. I admit that I’m guilty at times of getting caught up in the things that need to get done and the things that have to get done that sometimes I miss out on that quality time with my girls. I’ve been working harder at putting the things that aren’t so important aside to make more memories with my girls. They are only this age for such a short time. I’m noticing that with each kid that you have the time seems to go by that much faster! 

The other night the weather was so nice, we had just put in a full day’s work at the church, I had a sink full of dishes, I didn’t have dinner ready or anything planned. So instead of facing all the work I had to do we took the girls outside to play. We played chalk, we took turns pushing the baby in the stroller and shot some hoops, it was so simple but we had a lot of fun. We came inside, ordered a pizza and spent the rest of the evening watching a movie. It didn’t cost a lot of money, but it was spontaneous and special.


I’ve had a little Easter dessert that I had been wanting to do with the girls, so over the weekend we finally got to it! 

     Here are my little sous chef’s hard at work.


and our results!


My parents got to come for a visit so we did a little early birthday party for this pretty girl! 


and she may or may not have partied too hard!


It really is the little things that matter most. I love making memories with my family!

What are some of your favorite things to do as a family?


** Next week our blog will be under construction!








1 comment:

  1. My dad loves thinking games, so after supper, we usually play family trivia, Bible trivia, Andy Griffith trivia, or, you know, any type of trivia!

    ReplyDelete