Monday, April 8, 2019

Here Comes the Bride

Were you one of those people who started planning details about your wedding when you were young? My Stella girl has already began her wedding planning, with many details picked out. Not only has she started on the many many details it takes to plan a wedding but she has also started praying for her husband. It's never too early to start doing that, right?

She told me a while back that she wanted to get married when she is 17, just like I did. I informed her that I was 20 when I got married, but didn't have the heart to tell her she wasn't going to be able to date until she is 30.


One day last week we took a girls’ day and she had taken a note pad with her to make sure she could write down any details of her wedding so she wouldn't forget what she wanted. She had mentioned to me that morning that she wanted to design her own wedding dress, and asked me if I could make one. I told her that I thought that was a fantastic idea to be able to design her own gown but that I would be happy to help her find someone when the time comes to make it for her since mommy can only sew a button. On her notepad she started some sample sketches of what she wants her dress to look like.



She is also very big on making lists, she started a list for everything she needed to get for her wedding.

If you can't make out what any of these pictures are, don't worry. I couldn't tell all of them at first either so we talked about it. She read off her list and it sounded a little something like this:

1. Tables and Chairs
2. Candles
3. Blue Flowers
4. Cupcakes
5. Balloons that say "Best Wedding Ever"
6. Music

When she mentioned the last one, I asked what type of music did she think she might have. She informed me that it would be godly, like "Jesus Loves Me".

I happily listened to all of her plans and told her that I loved everything that she had so far, but perhaps we should focus on finishing kindergarten first. She sighed at that idea and went back to designing her wedding gowns.



2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You better start saving now for this wedding!

    ReplyDelete