Friday, April 5, 2019

Teacher in the Making

On Sunday, the one that made me a momma turned 4.
The last four years have been a whirlwind, and I feel like I missed most of it. Since she was born we've moved from Kentucky to Alabama, started deputation, had two more kids, and moved to Brazil.

This girl is my mini-me in all areas: the good and the bad. She looks like I did and she acts like I did. Every time I talk to my mom and tell her something my daughter did (you know, the not so good things), I get the response, "hmmm, I feel like I know someone else who was just like that". 🤷‍♀️ I dont get it.

She is also quite the little momma to her siblings, whether it be very insistently informing me of their needs or dragging her little sister away from somewhere she shouldn't be. I was also like this. My mom said I took helping her upon myself, even to the point of deciding I was ready to change my first baby diaper because the baby was crying and Mom was dealing with another kid. So, I just did it.

But with the "little momma" thing also comes some not so good stuff. My daughter loves her fashion. She puts on a carefully chosen dress and shoes to match, and then goes to check herself in the mirror. When she determines she is satisfied with her look, she then goes to her dad for approval. I say approval, but she really wants the "ooos and ahhs". Now she has added to the routine by going to her brother for a compliment. She recently trained him in the response to give her.

Daughter : "how do I look?"
Son : "beautiful, you're so beautiful."

I'm not sure how she got him trained to answer that way. Maybe I should have her start teaching him the alphabet next.

No comments:

Post a Comment