Monday, August 14, 2017

Diva in the Making

  Today I want to tell you about this little girl.

 She is two and a half years old, and in the last month she has changed and learned so much.  She loves to sing. After Vacation Bible School she started singing the theme song "Yo Ho" and another song she learned that week "It's Bubbling".  Since then, she has learned several more songs. They are songs we were singing for a while, but it seems like now she knows more than just the last word of every phrase. Since she learns with songs so well, I found some alphabet learning songs on You tube. I thought that would be a good way to start her out. She has been doing really well, but her dad and I might go crazy if we have to listen to "The Letter A sound" one more time.

She's also started talking a lot more. Some of the things she says and does are just too funny. The other day we were sitting on her bed and she said "Momma, I need tell you a secret"... this isn't something we've ever really done with her, so I wasn't sure where it came from. So she leans in to "tell me a secret", whispered a little mumbo jumbo , and then LICKED MY FACE!!! Pretty sure we have her Boyd uncles to blame for that one.

Yesterday, we had a meeting in a church in Ohio, and my hubby was preaching in the service. They gave him the lapel mic and he was getting it put on when she looked at him and said, "daddy, that you microphone?". He said ya, and she said, "Can I call God?" and she leaned in and said "God, hello?... (undiscernable mumbo jumbo)... Daddy, I talking to God."  We pray with her multiple times a day, but we've never used our phones or a microphone for that, so not sure where that idea came from, but it was cute anyways. Then we were sitting in the service and she asked me "What him name?" (The song leader). I said I didn't know his name, and she said "Mayyyybbbbeeee, Bob?".... I just stared at her. My two year old was assigning names to people, and she picked the name Bob of all names. We have no Bobs in the family, nor have we been around any recently. So, I have no idea where Bob came from. She has also recently decided she loves to go to church and see pastor. No matter which church we happen to be at, she is excited as we leave to go see pastor. I think she just likes to say the word "pastor", because it encompasses all older men in a suit...except Bob, of course.

 The other night her daddy was brushing her hair after her bath and she said to me "daddy love my hair" and then when her daddy told her it was beautiful she said "Thanks". Not at all vain... She also loves to show off her clothes. Her shoes and Sunday dresses are a "must admire". She gets dressed and then runs to show daddy, then comes back to show me, then even shows her little brother, who I'm pretty sure will never care. When I get her clothes and have her try them on for me, I always tell her to turn around and show me. So she turns and pops that hip out, and props her little hand on it and giggles. We are so going to have our hands full as she gets older.
This is a "must admire" moment. 

This is the time she thought she needed to wear my mascara.

This is the time she got herself dressed for the day. And yes, she even changed into a new nightgown from the one she slept in.

And last, but not least, this is when she was explaining to her brother that he had to follow her on the leash.... and he thought it was funny... 

 Well, that's our little girl. With all the personality that has been popping out lately I couldn't help but share. And I think that's all for now, because this little girl with so much personality is having a meltdown about her hair falling down, so until next time!

11 comments:

  1. She probably came across the name Bob from her Boyd uncle's, they seem to use that name a lot for random things lol.
    ~Anya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like our week here with kylee matt and the girls. Probably a good thing they are not together more often--it would probably be lethal!!! Or the start of an all new girl church singing sensation!!!!! Kathy😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It definitely gets loud when they're all together!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet girl! Levi has been singing himself. We can make out The B-I-B-L-E and a little bit when he's signing along with Patch, but he also has his own songs that he belts out with in the van or just when he's playing by himself! I'm not exactly sure what he's singing during those times, but the song seems consistent. Enjoy those sweet and funny moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaitlyn makes up her own songs too. Lol. Making our this few words always makes us laugh!

      Delete
    2. I always made up my own words for tunes I heard at church when I was little. It drove my mother crazy. Day by day was my favorite song I had over 200 different versions to it. 😉

      Delete
  4. "Bob"may have come from her uncles! Or possibly he is one of Nicks alter egos..or would that be Gibby's alter ego.... ??? ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh myyy.... she is one in a million! I think a Gerwitz Quartet may be in Brazil's future?! Cant wait to hear her sing to me! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little Diva! She reminds me of someone ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her tiny curls! I wonder if she thinks the microphone is a phone because whenever preachers are wearing it they pray and talk to God? Too cute😁

    ReplyDelete