Wednesday, August 2, 2017

My Kid Said What? Part II



If I was able to keep track of all of the funny things my kids have said so far, it’s possible I would have already written a book. Since I don’t have time to write a book, a simple blog post with a few funny things will have to do. As my kids are getting bigger, it’s so fun to watch their personalities develop. Nothing has changed since my post: My Kid Said What? except I think my girls are getting funnier. 

My kids have a hard time sitting still on our couch. One night, we were in the middle of a movie and Stella rolled right off the couch onto the floor. She casually stood up and said “That was not a soft landing.”

I typically wait until the evenings to fold my laundry while I sit and watch a show to unwind. There was one day I happened to fold in the afternoon, and it was a day that Stella had been a bit mischievous. Our conversation went a little something like this:

Stella: “My brain is telling me to push over your laundry.”
Me: “Your brain may need a spankin’?”
Stella: “But that will hurt my whole body.”
Me: (laughing) “Then don’t touch my laundry.”

I’ve mention before that Talia has pretty bad eczema. She told me once, “I want my itches to go back to them house!”

Our kids get hurt all the time. They have no fear and think they can do whatever they want. Well, my husband got tired of them getting hurt and came up with a saying; he has them repeat it whenever they get hurt. “If you don’t do stupid things, you won’t get hurt.”

Our church has a Men’s softball team and they play on Tuesday nights. My little social butterfly makes new friends at the games and at this particular game, there were two young boys trying to climb trees next the the bleachers. I overheard Stella tell them “My uncles are way better at climbing trees!” Yes, because her teenage uncles are better at climbing than most six year olds…

Talia loves the same drinks as I do. I love Sweet Tea and she loves drinking my sweet tea.
Talia: “Mommy can I have a drink?”
Me: “I’ll think about it.”
Talia: “No, don’t think about it.”
I’m a sucker for an adorable response like that one. 

One of my husband’s favorite snacks are Cheez-its and our girls love sharing with him. Stella said, “Dad, say you’re welcome to my tummy because it is saying thank you for these Cheez-its.” We cracked up. 

Two weeks ago my nephew had his birthday party and my sister-in-law bought a little pool so all the kiddies could go swimming. Well, my daughter Talia wanted nothing to do with it. A few days ago she finally braved the water and decided to get in for a swim. She even came up with a new song. “My Booty’s all wet, My Booty’s all wet” (of course there was a little jig to go with it.)


This past week was VBS and there were a lot of kids around. The girls were so excited. Stella came up to me and very seriously expressed that she had bad news. I asked her what it was and she explained that she had two best friends! What a terrible problem to have as a four year old.  

What have your children done to make you laugh this week?

12 comments:

  1. So proud to call these little people my granddaughter!!!!! Love u all-(mom/Gaga)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls crack me up with the things they say! Stella and talia love to tell me secrets but every time I go to listen to their "secrets" they just lick my face!
    ~Anya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anya, I'm pretty sure their uncle's taught them that!

      Delete
  3. I love how Stella's body parts talk. It cracks me up. Brie's things right now is "they must be dead." So & so is late, they must be dead.I'm amazed how their little minds work. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. So I don't have kids yet, but the kids I babysit are 6 and 2. One day while I was driving to the park the 6 year old girl was complaining her brother kept hitter her. When I got to a red light I looked back there to see her stretched over in his car seat. Him hitting her was just him trying to get her off. I told her to leave him alone and he wouldn't bother her. She said she was just being to get comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stella just barked at my dog and said that he will behave better now. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaitlyn has just really started having actual conversations with us in the last few months. I love the things her little mind comes up with and finding a UT what she actually catches on to. Apparently I say "one sec" a lot because last week that was her phrase when I told her to do something.. ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Children DO say the cutest things......you & Matt have such a beautiful family. When I used to babysit for him & Stephanie, I called him Mattman, he was so adorable then, with those sweet, kissable checks of his at age 2. Of course, he is quite handsome now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This us from a friend who works at a daycare....
    Best line I have heard from a 2 year old: Miss Kathleen you're hair is the same color as my pee !
    Lol...what does a person say to that????

    ReplyDelete