Monday, August 21, 2017

The one that had no point


Here we are again. Entering fall. Last fall my son was only a month old and we packed up and headed to stay with my parents because we had booked three months of meetings up near them. So, my mom came down to help us take stuff up because at the time we had two kids and a Ford Fiesta. Don't know what that is? Let me show you. 

Only one word describes that trip. Tight. Praise the Lord we are no longer in that car. 


We have this now and I fully embrace the soccer-momness of it all. Little tip - don't ever say you'll never get a van no matter how many kids you have. The Lord works in funny ways, hence two kids and a Ford Fiesta. 

Since my son was so little at this time, it was that stage where you have to go to the doctor every other month for shots and a check-up. That didn't work so well for me seeing as we were never home. So I ended up dropping their pediatrician for a while and just getting their shots at the health department... Never on time though. I'm not always so good with keeping up with them. 

So anyways, we're back to fall again which seems to be missions conference season. Our schedule is packed as can be until December. Which is a great thing! But I'm running into that same problem with the doctors. I just got a new pediatrician for my kids and got them all signed up and taken in. I figured since they were older and we don't have to go as often then it won't matter... Wrong! I took them in for their first appointment and due to an error in paperwork (not my error I just want to say)  they weren't able to actually get their shots. So they got their well check up, little man had to have some blood drawn, and I was told they would have to come back in as soon as the paperwork comes through for their shots. That's a problem. There's like a total of 7 days scattered between now and Thanksgiving that this visit will be possible. Can I just say, Yay for doctors visits! 

So, scattered around those seven days for a possible doctor visit we'll be all over the place. We'll be from Indiana to Georgia to Michigan to Ohio to New Hampshire (side note: first time in New Hampshire and I'm really excited about it) back to Georgia back to Indiana to West Virginia back to Georgia to South Carolina to Kentucky. That's all between now and Thanksgiving. Hubby is estimating between 15,000 and 20,000 miles on the van in that time. Imagine that in a Ford Fiesta. No, don't. Even the thought is painful. 

And there's so many changes happening this fall too. My brothers,  Joel and Paul, are going to college so when we go to my parents it will only be Nick and Luke. Ok, so that's not really so many changes, but it's a big one. I don't think there's ever been more than one of us gone at a time. 😭 Not that it'll be boring. When mom gets to writing that post she mentioned about Nick's multiple personalities you'll understand why it won't be boring. 

I bet you're wondering about now what the title of this post means. Well, I sat down to write and didn't have an idea what to write, and it's a Sunday night after a meeting. My brain isn't functioning on all cylinders. So I just started "talking" and at the end I realized there's really no rhyme or reason to today's post. Then came the title.



So, how's your Monday going?? 

3 comments:

  1. I had wondered how on earth missionaries with small kiddos kept up with pediatrician appointments. I'm in one place and have a hard time making myself go to those appointments (mostly because I become a blubbering mess when little babies get vaccines). Now I know that it really is as hard as I imagined! Are there any additional vaccines required for you guys going to Brazil? I hear you about the mini van. Both the hubby and I said we would never get a mini van. And here we are...with a Kia Sedona. Of course my hubby says it's ok because it looks like an SUV when looking at it from the front. Anything to make you feel better about driving a mini van. 😜 Stay safe on all those trips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I don't think there is anything extra required to go to Brazil. I can't stand watching my kids get shots either. When my son got blood drawn this time, I had a hard time keeping it together because the nurse couldn't find his vein. I was not thrilled with her.

      Delete
  2. Safe travels. We're y'all able to enjoy the eclipse?

    ReplyDelete