Monday, January 15, 2018

Chocolate Lovers


Do any of you think that Chocolate could be a meal all on it’s own? Although I can’t see you, I feel as if you are all shaking your heads yes. Awesome, I think so too! How about Twinkies? I know we all love Twinkies. If you don’t I’m so sorry that you are missing out. What if I told you there was a delicious way to have Chocolate and Twinkies all wrapped in one? When I was growing up my momma used to make a delicious Twinkie Cake. I didn’t think it was fair to keep it to myself so I thought I would share with you. 

INGREDIANTS:
1 Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix (Follow Directions on the Box)
1 tub of frosting
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups powdered sugar
7 oz. marshmallow cream

INSTRUCTION:

Preheat your oven and grease your 9x13 pan.

Bake your cake according to the package directions.

When the cake is done baking, remove from oven and let it cool completely.

While the cake is cooling, prepare your filling. 

In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter, shortening, vanilla, and salt until smooth.

Next, beat in powdered sugar on low, gradually increasing to high until smooth.

Last, mix in marshmallow cream until your filling is light and fluffy. 

When you cake is completely cooled. Flip it over onto wax paper slice in half, depth wise.

Carefully put the bottom half of your cake back in the pan. Spread your cream filling on your cooled cake. Then add your top layer back on. Chill in the fridge until your filling it set. 

Then top with your favorite frosting. 

*This cake is best kept in the refrigerator.


So, what’s your favorite chocolate recipe?

3 comments:

  1. I don’t remember you ever making this here. Why have you been hiding this deliciousness?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete