Saturday, January 13, 2018

Snowball Effect

  Sorry about the missed post yesterday. It's been one of those snowball effect weeks. One thing after another. The most recent of which was Thursday nights events..

It started around noon. I had a friend coming over and we were going to take my car for errands. I went out to move my car so that she could pull up in the driveway and not block us from getting out. Well, the only place to move my car was off the driveway and into the yard. I thought nothing of it, as we had done this many times before. When my friend arrived and we got in the car to head out, I realized that  the van in the yard may not have been my smartest move... The tires started spinning but not getting us anywhere. Needless to say we didn't end up taking my car to run our errands.

After an evening of attempts to get the car out, including friends cancelling a date night to come help,  and me hitting the brakes instead of the gas when they were trying to push, we ended with no success. Praise the Lord, that it didn't cost us much at all for a tow truck to come pull it out yesterday morning.

All that said, if you read my last post, you know about my snowball effect of a week.  I also posted about my New Years Resolutions, which have been going really well. We also have a big conference coming up at our church, and our pastor recently preached a message about preparing your heart for services.  Because of that, our family has been spending some time preparing our hearts for this upcoming conference.  What has all this got in common, you ask? I'm glad you asked.

In your Christian walk, have you ever noticed times when things seem to be going really well spiritually, you're up on that mountain, then the gusts of wind and rain blow and try to push you off that mountain?  Even though my resolutions, some of which were personal and about my walk with the Lord, have been going really well, it would be easy for those gusts of wind and rain that have been the last week and a half to blow me down off the mountaintop.

Those times in your life when it just doesn't make sense why all this is coming at you, it's easy to think that you need to re-examine some things. Is there something in your life that you need to get right?  It's easy to get discouraged about progress and feel like somehow you must still be failing in some way.

I just wanted to encourage you today. Sometimes, the gusts of wind and rain aren't a sign that something is wrong, but that something is right. Sometimes, those gusts mean that you're making the devil angry. He's not going to just sit by and do nothing about you trying to do more for the Lord, and more in your Christian walk. So, don't let the wind and the rain blow you off the mountain. Let it be a reason for you to pray that you can be more consistent, and more diligent, and that you can stand strong on the mountain. Don't let the snowball effect get you down or off track this year.

So, do you have a verse or a song that helps you stay strong through the gusts of wind and rain?

5 comments:

  1. Psalm 34:8~o taste and see the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

    This post is a great encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great encouragement! My favorite verse in these situations is Jeremiah 32:27. God can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really needed this today! I've been a bit discouraged in many areas of life lately, and actually to quote myself to my husband last night... "2018 is really off to a stinky start!" And "What is going on that God is punishing us?". I need to remember, that it isn't always a punishment or a test. And sometimes it's just my own mullygrubs. ☺
    God is good to us, all the time!!! In these times, I like many Psalms...one speaking to me today is Psalm 61: 1-4 ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an encouragement. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing that. It brought tears to my eyes and was such an encouragement. Satan has a way of discouraging us and making us feel unworthy so he can hinder our service for the Lord. I realized I have given into his lies and fallen into his trap, but praise the Lord for His grace and His forgiveness. 🙏🏻
    “For a just man falleth seven times and riseth up again...” Prov. 24:16

    ReplyDelete