Monday, January 22, 2018

The Struggle Is Real


I’m not sure what it is about the new year. It seem like I’m on track and am off to a good start on my goals. However, figuring out what to blog about sure seems to be a struggle. Well, this weeks blog was no different until something interesting happened yesterday afternoon. 

I had a few things I wanted to get done after church so we had a quick lunch. We finished eating and I was sitting on the couch for a few minutes before getting started on my “things”. All of a sudden I heard both of our older girls running down the hallway towards the restroom. They were racing each other to the toilet because we only have one bathroom. When nature calls, apparently it calls them both at the same time. Well Stella beat her little sister to the potty. From the living room I could hear Talia telling Stella to hurry because she was going to go in her undies.

It was just a second later, Talia calls out from the bathroom. “Mom, can I go in the bathtub?” I looked at my husband panicked and he just starts laughing. So, I shouted “No”, and darted to the bathroom. 

Well, I was too late …

As I walked into the bathroom she was already sitting on the edge of the bathtub. She had already “gone” in the tub. 

I should have been mad and she should have been punished but it seemed a little pointless to punish her since she had already seen me laugh. So, we took care of it and had a nice talk about how we shouldn’t do that again. 

So, if you thought you had a rough afternoon because you didn’t get that nap or that special dinner you were wanting. Just think it could have been “stinkier”.

3 comments: