Monday, January 8, 2018

The award goes to...

Talia has been working hard at potty training and has finally done it! We went out of town over Thanksgiving to see my parents and she was still in pull-ups. She had been going on the potty here and there but was doing it consistently. Well a week later we went to visit my husband's grandparents and while we were there she had gone a couple of times on her own. I thought that maybe this is it: she's finally ready to do this. Sure enough she stayed dry the whole time we were there and even on our journey home. It took a few extra stops, but it was well worth it. She has only had a couple of accidents in the last several weeks and we could not be more pleased.

While potty training our girls, we've tried rewarding them with candy; if they go several times a day that ends up being a lot of candy. So, we changed up our reward system. They get very excited high fives when they go potty and when they have been trained they get rewarded with earrings!

My husband and I knew we were probably going to take her over the weekend. After work Friday, my husband told Talia we we're going and she was excited! 

Here is Talia's pre earring picture: excited but not sure what to expect.


Talia with the dots: it's really happening but not sure why this part is necessary. Also, big sister Stella holding her hand for support.



The ladies were able to do both holes at the same time. Which was a relief to me. I was expecting a lot of tears, so this was the best way to go.


1, 2, 3 ...Boom she was done. She didn't even flinch. We kept expecting tears but nothing came out. She did a great job! 

And finally Talia with her new earrings!


Phew, I'm glad that's over!

What reward system did you use training your kids?

7 comments:

  1. Super proud!!! Way to go Talia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, good job Talia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I cried when I had mine periced and I was 12.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Talia! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay baby girl!! I waited til I was 18 to get mine. Don’t worry, I was potty trained way before then! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete