Monday, January 29, 2018

Diamond Dilemma

When my husband and I were dating we had the discussion about rings and what we both wanted our rings to look like. We never when shopping together, nor did I have a clue what he would actually choose. He picked my ring out all on his own, but it wasn't your typical solitaire like you would have suspected. It had a bit wider of a band. So when it came time for him to propose, I was completely surprised and loved my ring. 


For my wedding band we went with several diamonds in it, in hopes that in the future I would get one for the other side. Not long ago I started searching for the same wedding band to complete the look. Well they no longer had this same ring. So I started looking for enhancers or "jackets", whatever you want to call them. The ones that I really liked were a bit out of our price range for right now, so I kept looking.


For Christmas this year my husband got me two new anniversary bands so that it would have the look of an enhancer. It was more cost effective, and I loved the way it looked. They were beautiful and delicate. Well two weeks after wearing them, one of the diamonds had fallen out. Not good right? So we took it to the jeweler and they gave us a few different options, all of which were going to cost more than the ring did in the first place. After being in the jewelry store we decided to just return both rings and look for something different.


So for now I'm back to my original wedding band, and after not wearing it for two weeks, it looks like a brand new set of rings. 

So the question is, keep what I have or keep looking. 

I'm curious. 

Did you pick out your rings or were you surprised? How many of you are still wearing your original rings and how many of you have upgraded?



5 comments:

  1. I like what you have. My husband picked out both of mine. I did just have a gold wedding band. It just fit when we got married. (It really was to small) After my 3rd pregnancy the wedding would not go back on. So I upgraded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a 3 sapphire setting. About a year ago, one of the sapphires fell out so I just wore my white gold wedding band. We picked out my 3 sapphire ring together. My husband went and chose a new ring to replace the one I had all by himself. I now have a blue diamond setting. We’ll celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary in March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ralph found mine when he was in desert training. I never had an engagement ring. this year for Christmas he re-proposed and bought me brand new rings. I love them. So glad to actually have my rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We picked out our rings together... his and mine matching set. The bands are getting so thin now and worn down so every year I think about upgrading! New solitaire (bigger ! haha) new bands, but then I get all sentimental and can't trade up! Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband picked them out, I love them. I still have the original rings, after 43 yrs. I did have my engagement ring diamond enlarged to a 1/2 carat :)




    ReplyDelete