Monday, June 25, 2018

The Last One

As of yesterday, we are officially done with deputation meetings! 🎉🎉🎊🎊
We finished our final deputation meeting last night. Two years and five months of meetings, and oh how much has changed in that two years and five months. 

When we started, it was just the three of us. 

Then, there were four of us.

 Now, there's five, but we haven't actually taken a picture with all five of us yet. 

I've learned so much on deputation. Like, I think I'm more terrified teaching a kids class than I am speaking to a room full of ladies. I guess because with kids you have to be entertaining and fun, and I'm not really those things. 

I've also learned that Mexican restaurants never get old. I could eat chips and salsa every Sunday for lunch and dinner... In fact, there have been times in the last two years when I have done that. And I still absolutely love them! 

I've learned that the busy bags you can find on Pinterest do not apply to kids who spend their life in a car. They might work for five minutes in the car. Five minutes being the time it takes them to do all ten of the busy bags I made. Those are more for kids who never take road trips. 

I've also learned that starving kids in Africa could be fed with the amount of fruit loops and french fries that can be found on our van floor after a trip. 

When we started deputation and just had one kid, we didn't plan on having any more for a while. I've learned that God often has other plans, and I wouldn't be surprised if He gets a little chuckle out of our plans sometimes. 

Seeing as how, I've spent a lot of time in the last few years in a nursery, I've learned the "what to do's" and the "what not to do's". I bet I can run the perfect nursery! (Just kidding, don't get mad)

I've learned that God can literally make money appear out of nowhere. We have gotten checks in the mail that we can't always figure out exactly where they came from.  

That's just a few of the many things I've picked up in the last two years and five months. It's been quite a ride. Oh how much things change in such a short time. I guess I better not blink, because I have a feeling if I do, my kids will be all grown up... or there will be more of them! 😱

Now, does anyone have any tips I should learn for this next phase?? The packing and moving countries one.



2 comments:

  1. To be honest, don’t remember our last deputation meeting. I do remember the never ending job of entertaining children in the van, standing ankle deep in fruit loops and French fries and all eight of us cramming into one motel room. As for the next phase, from everything I’ve seen, you’ve got this. Just don’t paint the house your last night in the States. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never keep up with how much you have done or will be doing, so far be it for me to give you tips on anything lol in fact, I think I need to get tips from you! 😆
    So, I’m sure you will all do just fine cause you seem to be an expert at this! Keep up the good (and hard) work! You guys are amazing and we will be keeping you all in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete