Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Things I Regret From Our Wedding


With another Boyd wedding right around the corner, it has me thinking back to Matt’s and my wedding. There is a lot of time and energy that goes into planning a "perfect" wedding. Special moments happen, and lasting memories are made but when it's all over there are a few things that may have not gone the way you had hoped. I know I can't be the only one who has a few regrets from their special day, so here are mine.

1. I regret not spending enough time with my family the week of the wedding. I was moving from Illinois, a place I had lived my whole life with all of my family in the area all the way to Florida. Matt and his family came into town for the wedding and of course I wanted to be with him; I hadn't seen him in 3 months. However, what I didn't see was I was going to be near his family every day and not see mine for I don't know how long. It ended up being six months after the wedding before I got to see my family. While phone calls were great, video chat wasn't a thing yet!

2. I regret not using Pinterest to get all of my ideas from. I looked it up just the other day, and Pinterest was "thought of" when I got married. I just hadn't heard of it yet!

3. I regret not showing my mother-in-law how to use the lighter for our unity candle ... although this story I'm glad I didn't show her. (She's going to kill me for sharing this, but that's ok. It's totally worth it.) It was her turn to light Matt's candle and we were using the multi-purpose lighters which is the one where you have to push the button down and then click the lighter on. Well she was up on the platform for quite awhile trying to get the lighter to work. All of the groomsmen (which consisted of her husband and all of her sons) were just standing there watching, but no one went up to lend a hand. After a few minutes of her struggling, our photographer went up and showed her how to use it. Instead of just leaving the flame lit, he let it go and handed it to my MIL to try again. It took her another minute, but she finally got it. Although she wasn't laughing at the time, we love to tease her about it now.

4. I regret not knowing what photos I wanted taken at the wedding. Looking back through our photos after the wedding, we’re missing some of the major photos that typically would have been taken.

5. Last, but I'm sure certainly not the least, I regret not getting to eat our own wedding cake. I mean we took the time to pick out what cake we would like and the only bite we got was the one we fed each other, which consisted of only frosting and no cake. I wish we would have stayed an extra five minutes to eat some cake!


Even though I have some regrets from our special day, there is for sure one thing that I got right,
That would be my Groom!


Do you have any regret from your special day?






4 comments:

  1. Being too worried about it all going right, that I didn't really take the time to enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the pics, some of the best shots from my oldest daughter's wedding were from amateur photogs that just brought their camera. The Pro did the formal stuff, but the amateurs added valuable content I suggest requesting friends with good cameras bring them along. It's their hobby, so they are happy to, and during rehearsal, pre-ceremony, and reception they can get some great candids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had spent more time with my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m afraid show-and-tell with the lighter wouldn’t have helped much. Those things require a level of coordination that I just can’t achieve. Especially under pressure. 😉

    ReplyDelete