Wednesday, June 27, 2018

We're Halfway There!


We are halfway there and I can hardly believe it! I had a bit of sickness and I was really tired in the first trimester, but that’s all over. Now, I’m feeling great and I’m feeling baby movement. There is always so much excitement when you find out that you’re expecting, waiting for your first appointment, then waiting to hear the heartbeat for the first time, and then anticipating the gender. Meanwhile you have people make guesses whether it’s a boy or girl, or whether it’s one baby or two, based on how big you are and how you’re carrying it. 

Well the anticipation of finding out is over! For those of you who haven’t seen or heard.

Baby Boyd is a…


That’s right, another girl!

Matt has always been able to go with me to the sonogram where we find out what we were having, but this time he stayed home with the girls. So when they asked me if I wanted to find out the gender I told them yes but asked if they could put it in an envelope so I could find out at the same time as Matt and the girls.

Prior to the appointment they told me that I needed to drink 32 oz. of water finishing one hour before the appointment. That’s super fun right? When I got into my appointment they proceeded to tell me this appointment would last about at an hour. So you do the math, that’s two hours with a full bladder. I did okay for a while because once you see the baby you forget just how badly you have to go. Baby girl was moving a lot so they had a hard time getting the pictures they needed. Finally the intern, asked if her adviser wanted to give it a try. She got up from her chair and said, “ I’m going to step out, I need to use the restroom.” I said, “I’m so jealous” but thought, “you are so evil!”  Did you really have to announce that you had to go. Way to rub it in that you get to go and I still can’t go yet! Anyway, the sonogram only lasted another ten minutes. Then, I eagerly headed home to end the anticipation. I had Matt do the honors. He opened the envelope and slowly unfolded the picture. ”It’s a girl” he read with a smile on his face. He may have been panicking on the inside but the smile on his face said otherwise.

Next step: picking out her name. So far the girls have suggested Lady Elaine and Flower. I think it's too soon to settle on one of those names though!



8 comments:

  1. You should name her star fish!😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaboodaquay has always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      With the help of your family, you have so many good names to pick from Kylee. I’m sure you won’t have a problem choosing between themπŸ˜‰

      Delete
    2. They are so helpful aren't they? πŸ˜‹

      Delete
    3. I also might be too picky Steph but I think Shaboodayquay is also a hard no. Plus I would always be spelling her name to everyone!πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  3. ok ok... I have to do it... lol... you could name her Petunia or Penelope or Princess so that when you wanted their attention you could just yell
    S T O P ! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thought about a "p" name for that reasonπŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete