Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A Convicting Thought


Have you ever felt conviction because of something someone has said? What if it was a child? Maybe you would say yes, some would probably say no. What if it was something that was said from your own child?


My husband has a heart for lost souls. Our daughter seems to be following in her daddy’s footsteps. Where ever we may be, whether it’s the grocery store or a restaurant, my 5 year old daughter is asking strangers if they go to church anywhere. She follows their answer no matter what it may be with, “You should come visit us as Sycamore Baptist Church, sometime”.

The other day we were in the drive thru. I had paid and I got our food. She told me as we were pulling away from the window, “Mom, you should ask them if they go to church anywhere.”

It was such a convicting thought for me. She was right. Why didn’t I?

- I was in a hurry.
- They were busy and there was a long line.
- Would they even come if I asked?

What is holding us back? Are we scared that someone might turn us down? What’s the worst that could happen?

Are we too busy? We shouldn’t be. It only takes a second to hand someone a tract and invite them to your next service.

Proverbs 11:30 - The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Luke 14:23 - And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

It’s a happy thought to know that my daughter is proud of her church and wants people to know about church as well. I am proud of my church too, but I can be doing more. I should be doing more!

2 comments:

  1. I am convited all the time by my daughters willing was to just talk to anyone when I will hardly say two words to people.

    ReplyDelete