Wednesday, September 19, 2018

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

In honor of the first day of Fall on Saturday. I thought I would share a few of my favorite fall things. Sorry to break it to you but pumpkin spice lattes and yoga pants are not making my list!



Some of us start chomping at the bit do all things fall as soon as we get that first chilly day after a warm summer, even if it is just chilly for a day. There is just something about that first change in weather that makes you just want to jump right into the season!

I personally don't wait to start fall activities until the actual first day of fall, but I do try and wait until at least after Labor Day before I think about doing all things Fall. However, you better believe the day after I'm itching to get to Hobby Lobby and walk the aisles to look at all the beautiful decor! Which brings me to the first thing that I love!

Decorating! I love to decorate whether it's church events or at our home. I find it a peaceful and relaxing thing to do. Fall decorations are some of my favorite. I don't actually have a lot of fall decorations myself but getting ideas and thinking of ways to decorate is still enjoyable!

Changing of Leaves - How many of you just love driving down that winding back road and just seeing all of the trees changing from green to oranges and reds? I do! It's just plain beautiful!



The Smells - I used to light candles all the time in our home but I have switched to wallflowers and my current favorite scent is Bath and Body's Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. It's the best and to be honest I will probably use this scent the entire season of fall!

The Weather - The cool crisp mornings are so nice. I also love hearing the leaves blow around and a nice calming rain is so peaceful, too.

The Sweets - For as long as I can remember my favorite treat to eat in the fall were Oatmeal Scotchies! You can make them anytime but the taste of the cinnamon and butterscotch is just so good for this time of year! If you haven't had them, give them a try!
https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18478/oatmeal-scotchies/



Activities - Apple orchards, Cider mills, Corn mazes, Pumpkin patching, Fall crafts, Bonfires, Hayrides, and Football you name it, I love doing it or watching it! 

What are some of your favorite fall things?

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to sound like Bubba Gump here for a minute. I love everything pumpkin in the Fall, Pumpkins for decorations, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheerios, pumpkin spice cake, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin crunch cake, pumpkin butter.. Really I could go on.. But I'll spare you all! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corn maze, apple cider, cider donuts, apple crisp, pumpkin pie, changing of the leaves, decorating, s'mores at the bonfire and football!

    ReplyDelete