Monday, September 24, 2018

Off to Brazil

   I know that I said I won't be posting for "a few weeks", and those few weeks have turned into a month and a half. So I'm here to report that I'm back!... Well, kind of... Honestky, I have to write something  because I can't just post the only two pictures I took this week and call it a day. So I'm going to try to do both... Some writing and some pictures. Sometimes it may still be just pictures. 😁

  The reason I only have two pictures this week is because it has kind of been uneventful. We are in the City where we will be attending language school. We're staying with another missionary while we get set up, but he had a full plate this last week and since he is our intepreter, we can't do anything without him. I said it was an uneventful week, but relaxing described it better.

  The other missionary's wife and daughter were out of town, so it was him, his three teenage sons, and our family. They said they've eaten a lot of sandwiches while their mom was away, so they were thrilled with the banana bread and chocolate cookies I made. The banana bread disappeared in a day, the cookies disappeared in about 12 hours... So I made a second batch, those lasted another half day. It reminded me so much of growing up. I had forgotten how fast food disappears with a bunch of teenage boys. But the ladies are back and I'm no longer the solo female, and it has been such a blessing being here with this family!


 Don't worry, there will still be pictures!

Kylee found these this week. Your lolinministry hosts almost 7 years ago! 

Brother and sister actually getting along, so if course I took a picture... Right after which, he knocked the whole tower down... On her... 


On a rough day,  My sis-in-law reminding me that I'm not the worst mom out there. Yikes! 

And this happening. She's still a little wobbly, but between this and already pushing up on her hands and knees, I am starting to think she wants to catch up quick to big brother and sister! 

2 comments:

  1. I’ve been enjoying the pictures, but it’s nice to hear from you too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for y'all. Love you!👋😁

    ReplyDelete