Monday, December 10, 2018

Mission Impossible

Your mission readers, should you choose to accept...

Help me figure out the secret of Christmas gift giving, or how to get gifts secretly.

You see, my mission is to surprise my husband with a really great gift.


I have two specific ideas, both of which I don't know much about. One is something electronic and the other is a gun that he has been wanting. Neither of which I feel like I should pick out on my own. One, because he knows so much about electronics, that if I picked it out he would most likely have to return it the next day. The next gift would be a new gun, and I feel like if I'm going shopping for a gun I should know more than just the name of the gun I'm looking for.

I have asked him to give me a list of ideas of what I can get him for Christmas because this year I'm a little lost on what to do. He gave me a very short list and most of the list consists of stuff he needs which isn't very fun. 

My husband isn't picky and he isn't a snob, but sometimes it seems impossible to shop for him.

So my mission is to find at least one thing that is totally unexpected and pretty cool. As, for the rest I'm not quite sure yet.

We have done Christmas's where we have picked out each other's gifts and we didn't know what we were getting until Christmas day. We have also done Christmas where we pick out our own gifts.

How do you and your spouse do Christmas? Are you surprised or do you pick out your own gifts?



4 comments:

  1. Last year was the first time we did surprise gifts, but we did give each other a list... So we knew we would get things we liked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We give each other a list. But I always try to surprise Don with gifts of things I've heard him mention thru out year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when someone is listening all year long for things you want. It really is a surprise when you open them and forgot all about mentioning them!

      Delete
  3. He lets me pick out something for myself now.... all because one Christmas, a looooong time ago, ...in a galaxy far, far away, he heard me mention about a neat appliance I thought would be nice to have. So he got it for me for Christmas,... yes I returned it because who really wants That? for Christmas??! Needless to say, I'm on my own from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete