Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Happy Fall Y'all!



I love this time of year:  the weather, the smells, the colors, but my favorite most of all is fall decorating! I love looking on Pinterest for new ideas for DIY projects. I came across a new craft not long ago. It’s so easy and super inexpensive! It’s not a craft you can quickly squeeze in during nap-time, however it’s the perfect project to keep you awake for that movie you have been dying to watch!

If you are not a crafty person, don’t worry! You will be able to do this too!

Today, I’m going to show you how to make a “rag wreath”.

What’s fun about this is you can really do these wreaths in any colors, patterns, shapes and sizes. 

What you will need:
wire wreath form (Walmart is the cheapest I found, so far!)
2 yards of fabric or 8 fat quarters ($.97 at Walmart)
Scissors 



Start by laying out your material. I like to fold over the material or put two fat quarters on top of each other. If you are cutting strips instead of tearing strips, this saves a lot of time. (Both ways work!)

First, you will want to cut long strips that are about one inch wide. Then, cut each long strip in half or in thirds. I have always cut them in thirds. 



Begin your wreath by tying these strips onto the wire wreath form!

Tie the first strip onto the two “outer” wires of the wreath. Tie the second strip to the two “middle” wires and the third strip to the two “inner” wires of the wreath form. 



Continue around until you have the wire wreath form completely covered in strips of fabric. After I’m finished, I like to go and add some strips in the places that look a little “bare”. 

The photo below is a “back” view of the wreath …


and here is your finished product!!


You can dress wreaths up with anything you would like, flowers, ribbons, etc … Or they look great plain too!

This is the perfect craft to do while your watching a good movie. It’s so simple, yet adds so much to any decorating that you’re doing! 








10 comments:

  1. Those are so beautiful! I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a fat quarter? And why didn't you say cut into thirds I'm trying to figure out how you can cut into half then cut into thirds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find fat quarters in the craft section at Walmart. It's a quarter of a yard. You can cut the long strips either in half OR in thirds shown in picture!๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  3. You are such an awesome crafty person!! My new home might be filled with your art work by the time we move into it❤.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And after I just spent an hour on Pinterest looking for a wreath idea for fall.... I should have read your blog first! haha. Thanks for the great wreath idea! I'm doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see what you come up with!๐Ÿ˜

      Delete