Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Mommy's in the Making


On our way home from the store one evening, we started a discussion and my husband suggested to our 4 year old that we would be the kids and that they would be our parents. We instantly started saying things that they say and asking questions (repeatedly) like they do. It went a little something like this: I want a drink, Hold me mom, Will you itch my back?, Can we watch My Little Pony?, Is it bath time yet? etc … 

The girls loved it and played along. When we walked in the door, my husband laid down on the couch and I got all my laundry so I could start folding it. My husband said, “Mom, I’m cold.” Talia started taking my clean towels and started covering him up. He said he needed a bigger blanket. Stella said “I have a better one.” She saved the day by rushing over to our blanket basket and got him his favorite blanket. He then said “Mom, I’m thirsty. Will you get me a drink?” Talia said, “I’ll get it.” She ran to the fridge to get him a water. When she came back with one he said (whining like she does) “Nooo, not this one, I don’t like this one” Stella ran to the fridge and came to the rescue yet again, with a different cold water from the fridge. 

A few minutes later both girls ran to the kitchen and got the paddle. When they came back they told Matt he was getting a spanking.  Stella came in and gave him a good spanking. He laughed. She told him, “You get another one for laughing. It’s not funny!”

In the meantime, I asked, “Mom will you please fold these towels?” They both started folding laundry with me. Then they stopped, so I asked again. It only worked once.

Talia told me “You’re asking for a lot of things.”

I laughed, but I didn’t let them hear me. I didn’t want a spanking too. 

Some people like to torture their kids. Us… manipulation is fine! What a great way to trick our children into doing what we want. This might be a new game for us. (Obvious Sarcasm)


How do you get your kids to do what you want them to do?

2 comments:

  1. I remind them of all the things I've done for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Threaten to take away their favorites... Or just the paddle. But I think I wanna play this game.

    ReplyDelete