Wednesday, March 14, 2018

2 a.m. Wake up Call - Part 2

  Usually when you have a Part 2, you knew about it when you wrote Part 1.  This is not a Part 2 that I ever thought I'd have. About a year ago, I wrote a post called "2 a.m. Wake up Call". If it's one that you missed, you can read it here -->  http://lolinministry.blogspot.com/2017/05/2-am-wake-up-call.html   And last Friday, Part 2 happened.

  About 11 p.m last Friday, we shut the house down and went to bed. Hubby said that he had a hard time falling asleep that night. He tossed and turned for a long time, and then thought he heard something, so he got up to check it out. He didn't think much of it because we live in an older house and it makes noises all the time. Still, he got up and went to check it out. He walked the house and as he got to his office, where we have a sliding glass door to the back porch, he heard something out on the back porch. He said he wasn't sure if it was a critter or something else, but as he got close to the door he heard a crash outside. He went to the window to see out there, but he saw nothing. So he just watched for a few minutes and waited. Still nothing.

  Where was I in all this, you ask?  I was passed out in bed. I didn't hear the noises and he didn't tell me before hand. He came back in the room, and told me about it and said he wasn't sure what it was, but he thought it was probably just an animal. So, he got back in bed. He didn't make a big deal about it, so I wasn't really worried. He knows me well, because if he had said he thought it might be something else, I wouldn't have gone back to sleep.

  Not even 20 minutes after he came back to bed, it started. The pounding on the door. I jumped out of my skin. It was 1:55 in the morning. Who in the world would bang on the front door??  Hubby jumped up again and grabbed his pistol and told me to call 911. He could see someone standing at our front door, and they were yelling "I need to talk to you".  We don't know our neighbors very well, and we don't answer the door for anyone at 2 in the morning.

Ninja mom, came back out and I ninja crouched my way in to grab my daughter. My son was already in our room because he had the stomach bug, So, ninja crouch back into our room with my daughter and I watched out the window to see what I could see. Hubby talked to the cops and I was able to see and describe the guy walking away from our door. When this happened a year ago, it turned out to be our neighbor wanting to tell us in the middle of the night that he had shut our van door for us. When the cops got there, they found out that it was our neighbor this time also.

  Our neighbor told the cops that he was out on his back porch and he saw someone in our back yard and that he chased the guy off into the field. The cop came and talked to us and then went and searched the field to see if they could find anything. We never heard back as to whether or not they found anything, but we did find the next day that it looked like someone was trying to pry the lock open on our back door.

 I sort of feel bad for calling the cops on our neighbor, but we still don't know why he didn't just call the cops himself. If we had seen someone in our neighbors yard, we would have called the cops and let the cops tell him about it. I still don't think walking up to a house with all the lights off and banging on the door is a good idea. Anyways, when all was said and done, it ended up being a really long night that night... and the next one.. and the next one. Ninja mom is really just a big scaredy cat
So, ninja scaredy cat hasn't slept well in the last few days.  I find myself waking up and watching the halls to make sure that no one is creeping in to get us. Even though the intruder couldn't have actually got in the back door, even if they broke the lock. There's a bar in the door to keep it from opening. 

So, at the end of it all, I'm thankful that this happened when we were home instead of while we were on a trip because who knows if the guy would have tried to break the glass and come in anyways if he thought there was no one home. I'm also thankful that God kept hubby from falling asleep that night so that he would hear the noise. I'm thankful that, even though he likes to knock on people's doors in the middle of the night, we have a neighbor who cared enough to try and chase the intruder off. And lastly, I'm thankful that in all of this, God protected us. 

  So that's my Part 2 story. Tell me, would you have opened the door in the middle of the night?  

6 comments:

  1. Never, never, never. I’m glad y’all are ok. Get some sleep, ninja mom. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!!! Praise the Lord for His protection! The only banging in the middle of the night at our house happened after we had just moved in. It was a new house so no one had lived here previously. At 1a, we had someone bang on the door. This was before kids so the hubby and I were up watching a movie. It was a repo man wanting to take back a BMW that someone bought who gave this address. My husband told him that this is a new house and we are the only ones who lived here...and we WISH we had the BMW they wanted to repo. After some more Q and A and my hubby telling them they can check out the garage for this car, they left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe...🔫🤔 Jk lol
    I'm praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My suspicious mind would NEVER open the door at 2am...but I’d be tempted to get that neighbor of yours fingerprinted! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omw! So scary glad you are ok😨

    ReplyDelete