Friday, March 9, 2018

Children for Sale

I find it ironic that just two blog posts ago I was updating you on my darling daughters and now, this week, they are for sale. This past weekend we went through a series of unfortunate events. I seriously thought it would never end but hey, here we are!



It all started while I was doing my devotions and my sweet littlest darling was playing with daddy’s video game cases. I heard her doing it but didn’t really think anything of it because I knew she couldn’t open them... or could she? I then heard a snap. I’ll give you a hint.. Yes, Indeed she could open the case and the snap I heard?  It was the sound of daddy’s favorite video game in two pieces.


My big girls like to try new things on their trampoline, and Olivia thinks she can hang with the big dogs. So she tried one of the new tricks she learned from big sisters. Only she missed the trampoline completely and fell right on her face. Leaving her with a scratch on her head and a skinned up nose.



Most of the time my girls play really well together. However, recently we have started a biting phase. 

In a previous blog I had mentioned that we have a wood business on the side. I had just finished a project and baby girl climbed up in the chair while I was in the other room and scribbled on it. 

Oh wait, there’s more!

Next, my darling middle child thought it would be fun to cut her bangs. Didn’t this happen with another one of your kids you ask? Why yes, yes it did. How do these kids keep getting ahold of scissors? I don’t know, but they are now banned from our home. Although, I definitely wasn’t happy that she cut her hair, at least she did a decent job. 


Last but not least, I was giving the girls their baths and Olivia walks into the bathroom with the xbox controller and her blanket. I quickly grabbed them from her and took them back to the living room as she followed me. I went back to the bathroom and was dealing with another girl. Somehow I missed that she walked back in and I heard a big SPLASH! I quickly turned around saying, “Oh No, Oh No!” Sure enough she tossed the controller right into the water. I quickly got it out, shook it and immediately took it apart and put it in rice. I knew it worked for phones sometimes, so that really was the only thing I could think of to do. 
That pretty much sums up the weekend we had. So in the comments leave your bid on the girls. Highest bidder takes them all… just kidding. Who could ever sell their children? They sure give me a run for my money sometimes but here’s to a new weekend!

What are some of the most frustrating things your kids have done? What have you done to give your parents gray hairs?



8 comments:

  1. Sorry..but LOL!!! We dealt with a biter too, and yes she cut her own hair a couple of times as well as all her baby dolls and barbies (I'm still not sure where she always found scissors, I could never find them when I needed them. 😂) We also dealt with the wanting to stick her fingers, and forks, and everything else into outlets!! Thankfully we made it through, and now she's a beautiful, talented young lady!! And in a few years years, I can't wait to see what she gets to deal with, with her own! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully they haven't even come close to outlets! They did just break my rocking chair in my husband's office.🤦

      Delete
    2. Thankfully they haven't even come close to outlets! They did just break my rocking chair in my husband's office.🤦

      Delete
  2. My frustrating moments are too many to list. However, over the years people have said things like “your children are so cute” to which I have replied “you can have them for five bucks. That includes equipment.” Luckily (for me?), the caught onto the possibility that MIGHT be joking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take all three of them 😘
    ~ anya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Children are such a blessing aren’t they?😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bubble wrap them. Just put massive bubble wrap suits on them, and they can't hurt themselves and they can't really touch a whole lot either. I will if you will. I'm sure we could find it on Amazon or something.. What should we search "children bubble suits"???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that you missed a pair of scissors. Lol😂

    ReplyDelete