Wednesday, March 7, 2018

2 going on 20

So at the end of the month, this little girl turns three.


I have to say, I don't feel like I'm old enough to have a three year old. Or to have three children. A three year old, a one and a half year old, and about to have a newborn. When did I get this old???

Anyways, this little girl was born all grown up. She was walking by ten months, talking before she was one, and has had the attitude of a teenager since she could show her attitude. My parents tell me that I'm reaping what I've sown and that I have quite the mini me. I don't have any idea what they're talking about. I've always been an angel. 😇

  Lately, she has had even more personality coming out. The things that come out of her mouth are quite shocking at times. We're in the middle of potty training, and a week or so ago she had an accident. We are past the point that that is okay, so she got in trouble for not telling us. Afterwards, she cried and told me "It's not my fault, mom! It's just so difficult!".   How in the world does a two year old know what "difficult" even means????

 We're also in the "Why" stage. After about a week of too many "why's", and a few failed attempts at stopping them, we came up with a solution. We now have a rule that she is only allowed to ask why one time. She has to be reminded of that pretty much every time, but at least it's not "why", after "why", after "why".  We just ask her "how many times are you allowed to ask why?". She laughs and says "one time", and then the conversation changes.

  I grew up with five brothers and I always wanted a sister. So when I found out I was having a daughter I was so excited! I love the bows and the clothes. She has always been excited about the clothes too and seemed to love whatever I would put her in. Lately, she's been a little more opinionated on her clothing and shoe options. I mentioned in my last post that a recent blessing was that a church gave the kids some money. I took my little girl shopping for some much needed clothing with her money. Walking down the shoe aisle with an opinionated two year old can be a little frustrating. Every pair I picked up to have her try on was a answered with a "ummmmm, not that one"... After we'd turned down almost every pair, she laughed and said " haha, mom, I keep saying no to your shoes"....  I didn't find it quite as funny as she did. We finally settled on the most obnoxious pair of Minnie Mouse light up shoes. I am not a fan of them, but I was just happy we had picked a pair.

  Even as I was trying to write this post, she gave me more to share. She told me she had to poop, but had already gone in her underwear before we got to the bathroom. So I cleaned up the underwear and set her on the potty. I left the bathroom to go get her some more clothes and when I came back she was standing up trying to wash her hands while her nightgown was hanging down in her poop... I told her to finish washing her hands while I tried to clean her up, but all she did was play in the soap and water. I was getting frustrated and I am not gonna lie, I growled. She said "sorry, mom". I told her I know and kept cleaning her up. Then she says louder "I said I so sorry, mom!". That calmed me down simply because I was trying not to chuckle. I told her I knew she was sorry, but she didn't need to talk to me that way. I probably should have dealt with it better, but I did growl at her.

We still have ten years before she's a teenager, and we already have the teenage attitude. I can't imagine what it'll be like in ten years. I still don't know why my parents say I'm reaping what I've sown. I was nothing like this. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

6 comments:

  1. Hmm. The stubbornness ... the strong opinions ... the independence ... I know that from somewhere! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. She cracked me up in nursery last Wednesday. She wanted to read a book and sit in my lap. My son is also in the same room as her, so of course, he had to stand right next to us and hold my arm. He told her, “my mommy.” She responded like any other big sister would-she snuggled in to me and said, “MY mommy!” I did correct her, but I thought it was funny that she claimed me just to annoy another child. She has quite the personality! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word. Of course she did. 🤦‍♀️ she's a mess.

      Delete
  3. I’ve made a habit (unfortunately) at growling around my kids when I’m frustrated. I know this because two of my four children now growl when they're frustrated. I’ve created monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there may be a little bit of her daddy coming out too haha.... he was born older and was in charge of his brothers as soon as he could walk! haha She will go on to do big things for God and take huge steps of faith just like her parents!

    ReplyDelete