Friday, April 27, 2018

Attitude and Pizzazz


We have had a busy week so far with our Super Conference going on, but it sure has been a great one! I’m going to be honest, it’s not always easy for us to come up with blogs especially when we have weeks that are as busy as this one.  I decided to make a list of things my kids have said lately that have made me laugh. I hope they can bring a smile to your face too.

For Easter this year our church offered free family photos. As my husband was taking photos of a family, my daughter walked into the room with her hand on her hip and said to them, “attitude and pizzazz!”. The sass is strong with this one.

We told the girls that if they were good we would get them milkshakes. When we asked Stella what kind of milkshake she wanted she told us, “ Um, I would like chocolate flavor with a little umbrella.”

Same milkshake trip. Talia had fallen asleep before we got to the milkshakes. Stella got Talia awake long enough to take the shake we were handing her but as soon as Talia had it in her hands, she closed her eyes again and was asleep. We were trying to get her to put it in her cupholder. While she was sleeping, she lifted the straw from her shake to put it in her cupholder thinking it was the whole cup. So the straw that had whip cream on the end was stuck to the side of her cupholder.

 The other day I heard, "Mom, I need new underwear." "Why is that?" "I really don’t know how to tell you this, but I went potty in my underwear."

Our daughters have a new rock collection. They aren’t anything special, just whatever rock they can pick up between our house and the church. Anyway one of the girls told us, “Hmm, I’ve never ate a rock before." We assured her that would not be a good idea.

"Dad, does Jesus pray?"
"Yep."
"Dad, who does Jesus pray to?"
"God."
"Jesus prays to Himself?"

We heard Olivia saying something from her bed so my husband went to check on her. She was holding a piece of her hair and said, “my hair broke.”

One of the girls asked me, "Momma, if our new baby is a boy, can we name him Captain Barnacles?"

We had some cake one evening this week after the services. Stella sat down at the table and said, “Chocolate makes everything better.” I couldn’t agree more!

What has made you laugh this week?

12 comments:

  1. The "Captain Barnacles" made me laugh out loud........thanks for the laugh. I REALLY needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to explain to a kindergartener what it means to be a fan of a team when the only fan they know about is one that cools you off. It was quite comical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing so hard about Captain Barnacles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the name captain barnacles. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can call the baby Barney for short...just a suggestion!
    Anyway, my daughter said to me this week “my throat has hiccups”. The simple thoughts they have are the funniest to me lol
    One of the speakers from last night was hilarious. In the church store there were quite a number of people milling around when he walked in. He said “I was given two free coffees tonight so please let me actually buy something ok?”
    “Ok, what would you like?”
    “A pack of cigarettes...without the filter.”
    The room wasn’t as quiet after that comment lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious! For the three weeks leading up to my trip back home for the conference, Joel Fugate's son, JC, kept reminding me to make sure we could find the nerf guns when we got there so we could have a nerf fight. I thought that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He kept saying it was the best church because there was Nerf gun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. Every time I talk to Stella she makes me laugh. She’s very imaginative. Her name for the baby is a winner! 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name "Stella" means star and I feel likes she is really living up to the meaning because she looks loves to entertain!

      Delete
  9. Love the "Attitude & Pizzaz"!!

    ReplyDelete