Friday, April 6, 2018

Do these make my ... look big?



Calm down! It’s not what you think.

I went to the eye doctor recently and got a new prescription for my glasses, which was good timing because I was definitely due for a new pair. Every pair of glasses I have owned typically have been the same size and style. The only difference is that I may have changed colors from brown to black. This time I was hoping to go a little out of my comfort zone. I had a style in mind that I had seen and wanted to get so I started shopping around. 

In the past whenever I’ve needed to order glasses online I usually have my husband help me simply so I don’t screw it up. This time I took it upon myself to do it all on my own. I didn’t want to bother him with it, and I’m an adult so it shouldn’t be that difficult. Or should it? Perhaps I should have bothered him with it because not asking for help may or may not have backfired. 

It’s good to know a few things when shopping for eyeglasses online. 

1. Make sure you enter all of you prescription information correctly.

2. Make sure you read all of the dimensions of the glasses before settling on a pair. 

3. Always check, double check, and triple check what you are ordering. 

Well my new glasses came in the mail and let’s just say they are certainly different than what I’m used to. My husband came home from work, and I tried them on for him. He just laughed. Don’t worry I would have done they same thing if rolls were reversed. They are the style and color I was wanting. However they are stronger than I think they should be and they are larger than life. Seriously, move over Steve Urkel, there’s a new dork in town!




Side note: It took me at least 5 minutes to get a picture because the glare on the glasses was as big as the lenses themselves. 

Moral of my story: asking for help is never a bad thing. Also, if you’re in the market for glasses but don’t want to pay the ridiculous price at your eye glass store, we have a few sources for glasses that we have had good luck with (aside from this time, of course). 

www.goggles4u.com & www.zennioptical.com


What about you? Have any of you had any eyeglass mishaps?

7 comments:

  1. My first pair of glasses was in the sixth grade. I chose the frames because they were a pretty shade of blue. I did NOT consider whether they were the right size and shape for my face. πŸ™„ since then I’ve tried to be a little more fashion conscious. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re adorable kylee 😊 I’m just gonna leave it right there 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks. I think I will keep them. They'll make a great conversation piece.πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  3. Are you still going to have those when I get back because I will really enjoy laughing at you in person. Jk lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your such a bully.. just kidding. I'll wear them so we can laugh together!

      Delete
  4. πŸ˜‚ still beautiful as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Those remind me of the time that dad picked my glasses out. Oh my!!

    ReplyDelete