Wednesday, May 16, 2018

For the Love of Food



Does anyone else just love food? Um, I do! It doesn’t really matter what kind of food it is right now either, everything sound good! I haven’t had any specific cravings with this pregnancy yet, it’s basically  just been food in general!

I have never really been a fan of cooking, I know how to cook, and I have made some pretty mean dishes (not to toot my own horn, but, toot toot!) I do however, rely heavily on my Crock-pot. I seriously love it! We eat a lot of chicken in our house, with picky children and a husband who needs protein, it’s my go to for most meals because you can have it so many different ways. I have two easy Crock-pot chicken meals that I wanted to share with you because I didn’t feel like it was very nice to keep them to myself!

This first one I actually made last night. My three year old walked into the kitchen and said, “that smell is incredibly yummy!”

Image result for crockpot lemon chicken
Crock-pot Lemon Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. butter
2 c. lemon juice
1 packet of Italian dressing seasoning

1. Put the chicken in the Crock-pot and top with the butter.
2. Add the lemon juice and sprinkle with the seasoning mix.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.

You can serve with rice or potatoes. Last night we made a big salad and added the chicken to it!


Shredded Chicken Tacos
Image result for shredded chicken tacos
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
10 ounce can of Rotel ( I use original)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 1/4 cups of chicken broth 
taco shells
favorite toppings- lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, olives, sour cream, queso, quacamole, etc.

1. lightly spray your Crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. place chicken in the Crock-pot.
3. In a small bowl mix Rotel, taco seasoning, and chicken broth. Then pour mixture over chicken.
4. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
5. To shred, I use my stand mixer with the paddle attachment and my chicken is shredded super fast!

It's great served with rice, or chips and salsa!

Both of these recipes were found on Pinterest. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family has!

Do you have a favorite go to Crock-pot meal?



4 comments:

  1. I don’t have a favorite crock pot meal (but maybe I will after I try these, thank you). I use my crock pot for more snack type things like dips and side dishes. I’m gonna try both of these recipes in the near future! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my crockpot, but I only love it when I use crockpot liners. They make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more! They are life changing!

      Delete
  3. These sound "Tasty"! Crockpots are uh-mazing...and better with a liner!

    ReplyDelete