Friday, May 18, 2018

The Last One

This Sunday night after the service we're having a reception for the high school graduates. It just so happens that our youngest son is included in that group. It's hard to believe that our last child is going to graduate from high school.

Each of the graduates have to set up a display table filled with things that are important to them. Photos, awards, sports equipment ... items that have made up their lives for the past eighteen years.

I mentioned a few items to Nick that I thought he might want to have on his table, and I told him he needed to go through our pictures and see which ones he would want displayed. This could so easily be a sad time for me as I face the last one growing up. It would be easy to dissolve into tears, but my kids don't let me do that easily.

For instance, Nick traveled with his dad this week up to his grandparents' house. He won't be back until Saturday night, so most of the items for his table at the reception are kind of up to me. I told him that if he had any pictures on his phone that he wanted on the display table, he needed to send them to me. Here are some of the ones he sent:









And there you have the many faces of Nick, including the one he photoshopped onto John Cena's body. I'll probably do more laughing than crying come Sunday.

Thanks, Nick.

4 comments:

  1. Actually he photoshopped his face on to my body,... πŸ€”πŸ˜‰ Lol congratulations, NickπŸŽ“

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may be graduating but don't renovate the basement for your own personal space just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed that laugh today, thank you Nick! Hahahaha! P.s. is a picture of you with your face completely covered still technically considered a picture of you? Hmmmm...lol

    ReplyDelete