Wednesday, May 23, 2018

One of Many Firsts

For as long as I can remember I have had long hair. I know of two times in my life that I have had my hair shoulder length or shorter, once in 4th grade and the other just last year. I have always favored long hair and I think my oldest has taken to that as well. She loves her long hair. She always tells me she wants her hair as long as Rapunzel’s. I have asked her here and there if she is ready to get her first haircut and she always tells me no because she is scared. It was long over due for a cut so I told her the only way she could have “Rapunzel” hair would be if she got it cut so it could be healthy and grow longer. 

Well that seemed to work because yesterday this happened!


Before:

After:



When we got to the salon she climbed up in the chair and you could tell she was unsure of it all until the hair dresser turned the chair around and she got to see herself in the mirror. She smiled the entire time after that. She got a sucker for doing a good job and practically skipped out of the salon when she was finished! I asked her when she was done if she was happy and she said,"yes". I said,”See that wasn’t so bad was it? There was nothing to be scared of”. She said, “I guess I’m just a scared-y cat”.

Here's to many more "firsts"!



3 comments: